Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I played the KUF2 free weekend and absolutely hated all the MMO-itis filler, what a wasted opportunity. This one is a straight console port, with a 30 FPS limit. Maybe worth a look for Bladestorm fans.

Bulgarian CYOA gamebook is a thing?

With the recent square enix sale, I picked up the Turning Test for $2.99 and had a fun 7 hrs with it.

It’s a puzzle game that is set on the Jupiter moon, Europa. It has about 70 puzzles. I found most of them fairly challenging, making me think. There are some “side” mission stories that I attempted, but I’m not sure I solved any of them - I made some progress but gave up / backed out to the original opening / which I think was intended, but again, no clear ‘you’re done’ moment, so unsure if I really solved them.

My one big problem was the story is told through audio logs and they are really difficult to hear, for my older ears and I gave up on listening to them completely about 1/2 way through because of the poor quality, but the setting was portal - esque and the puzzles move you along. You can get most of the story through the omni-present AI who talks to you and through some of the written things, so maybe the audio files weren’t that important.

Blue Wizard (of Space Tyrant and Slayaway Camp fame) have released a gonzo Pong-with-RPG-elements game for less than $2:

(sighs, tosses change on the counter)

In.

Ok, so… the trailer? It’s spectacular. And the recommended system requirements are even better. ;)

That’s one of the better game names I’ve seen. Since Metagalactic Llamas Battle at the Edge of Time.

Also, those system requirements.

Those requirements are pretty funny. I would not have expected jokes in that place, thanks

“From the makers of Mass Effect!”

Err, who’s this dude trying to steal Jennifer Hale’s credit.

He’s one of the makers of Mass Effect.

My favorite Commander Shepherd on the Citadel.

Didnt know this was coming or even existed!!!

Had a LOT of fun with the following indie gems!

had a lot of fun with this next one, but the end game is a bit of a slog

I’ve made a habit of trolling @Jason_McMaster that Judgement: Apocalypse Survival Simulator is better than Rimworld. But here’s the thing: I’m only half kidding!

I really like that little thing, rough graphics and all.

-Tom

Right?

This is more out on PC and Switch. About 4 hours in and loving this so far. The Phoenix Wright vibe is incredibly strong, so this is an easy recommend for any PW fans that like sudoku.

My one minor complaint so far is a couple of really out of place feminine hygiene references, like the very first puzzle you do being a tampon.