Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Ha ha, you’re doing a Dane Cook routine whether you know it or not! :)

-Tom

“I would punch every bee in the face!”

Be thankful the phrase ‘murder hornet’ has no meaning where you live :/

Hmm… define “little indie games” pls… does the world’s richest man count as little and indie

You’re welcome to start a thread for “games no one has heard of published by big companies who don’t traditionally publish games”. Until then, this is probably as good a place as any.

-Tom

Even though that might be the worst title ever for an Age of Empires clone, I was intrigued. Still, all the screenshots look staged and a quick look over the comments wasn’t very helpful. So I randomly clicked into the middle of a gameplay video:

That looks painfully bad. There aren’t many genres in which the bad ones are as bad as bad RTSs.

-Tom

Yeah the gameplay vid of Taste of Power did not impress, at all.

Been around for a good long while but it’s on Steam now:

Pokemon Snap! in a “shitty future” version of New Zealand, anyone?

Are any of these worth knowing about?

Yeah I’d like it if someone maybe could flag like one of these and talk about its redeeming qualities.

What’s the buzz on this one?

We used to have a “Little Indie Games Worth Playing” thread where the idea was someone who played a game recommended it and talked about why it was good. It got collapsed in with this speculative thread and, yes, I’m still bitter. It’s like a game magazine combining their Reviews and Previews section.

@Nightgaunt you’re not alone in that, my friend.

Yeah I’d rather hear about someone’s playing experience, not their hopes and dreams… although I am pleased they have hopes and dreams.

I appreciate this thread and definitely find new stuff to wishlist from it. But it sounds like there’s at least a few of us here who would like to unlock the old thread for a more curated review-type recommendation thread. May I petition @tomchick or @Telefrog to consider reopening it? I don’t think it’ll hurt this thread, which gets plenty of daily traffic.

Also open to hearing from those who think we’re better off with one thread.

I don’t think it was locked, was it? I think it was folded into this one thread because the differences between the two threads wasn’t clear. At least to me. But if there’s a locked thread – I couldn’t find one – let me know and I’ll unlock it.

Otherwise, I’d say if you find a game you think is worth playing, make a thread about it! If it’s worth playing, it’s worth talking about someplace people know it’s being talked about.

-Tom