Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Sony doing a playstation Indies thing today. Here’s the first, looks cool.

F.I.S.T.

@TimJames might dig the combat.

Could be fun. Chinese indies are working on most of the new stuff in this genre.

It really just makes me wonder when Sakuna will ever get released.

Maquette, environmental puzzle thing

New Amanita Design ame Creaks

What if Dark Souls but Hellraiser:

This is early access, but it looks like it’s worth the $3 launch sale price.

The Besties described this as Paper Mario with some of The Vikings puzzle-solving mixed in. I guess it’s been out for more than half a year, but I hadn’t heard about it!

wow, if there’s a playstation game i wasn’t expecting to get a spiritual sequel, it’s Wild 9

Anybody has an opinion on this?

The blurp says it plays like Darkest Dungeon.

Replace ‘widget’ with ‘app’ in that link

Thanks! Didnt know that!

Weird how many reviews compare it to darkest dungeon. It doesn’t really look like that to me.

The attack and defense options looks more like traditional JRPG stuff. So I think the DD comparison is off in that regard. Maybe it refers to the town building and the dungeon exploration mechanics?

Well it doesn’t have the DD/Iratus combat setup with 4 units front to back (there are 2 rows). The maps reminded me of something, but I can’t recall what. They aren’t linear, but are laid out on a grid like Isaac, etc.

Not sure on the town stuff.

Very obvious Geometry Wars vibe here.

I had eyed Factotum 90, a little puzzle game that seemed inspired by Tower of Babel.
I just noticed today there was a demo for the Switch and I have been very pleasantly surprised by it. So far it lacks a bit in challenge, but there is a lot of good atmosphere. It reminds me a bit of Duskers in a way.

The demo for this is absurdly charming, but screen shaking can’t be disabled.

Action + strategy, reminds me of Syndicate.

Looks like great fun. Also a good reminder that its been too long since I booted up Geometry Wars 3