Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Hohokum/Wilmot’s Warehouse folks making a game about ghosts in a lighthouse, published by Annapurna.

I would really love for them to bring Hohokum to PC. Not that itll ever happen. I am Dead at least has that great visual design they bring though.

I really like this game. There is obviously a lack of budget, but with what they had, I think it’s greatly done, and while the game has none of the clever brainteasing programming brillance of Tower of Babe, it’s got that similar endearment I feel for the little robots, which is almost as important an element to me.
It’s also brought back the terrible camera though!

Must be a Japanese game, right? ;)

Alien arbiters! This game, while short, has writing that brings to mind the dialog of Star Control II.

Early access Sid Meier’s SimGolf successor from the developers of Space Pirates And Zombies. This looks fantastic.

MegaMan-like retro platformer from the developers of Flinthook and Mercenary Kings.

I streamed a couple of hours and had a blast, even though I’m terrible at it.

OoO OoO OoO

That does look fantastic. Wishlisted.

It also makes me curious if there’s any equivalent of the HotShots golf franchise on PC.

IDK. I played Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on the Gamecube, also by Camelot.

I’ve been tempted by Wonder Wickets which is more like retro arcade mini-golf.

Pangya/Albatross18 was close though the servers shut down in 2016. Apparently NCSoft is working on a remaster of the mobile version of it that will also be playable on PC. There was also a good PSP version that stripped out all of the Korean F2P MMO crap.

I don’t know if this is worth knowing about, but it makes me kind of want “My Frop Bog”:

(It was in my discovery queue. Because of American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2. Go home, discovery queue, you’re drunk.)

Kinda bizarre that this is the number 1 hit on the Mac App Store, and yet the Steam version is Windows only.

My Koi looks like it may appeal to the part of me that fell in love with Master of Pottery…

Puzzle platformer from Amanita Design.

VR adventure/sandbox/godgame from Eric Chahi.

Jets’n Guns 2 is out of early access!

No Mac version yet ;_;

It’s good, but it’s also really short. Banking on NG+/multiple playthroughs is fairly standard in this genre so it’s not a deal breaker but if you’re expecting the first game’s level of content you might be disappointed.

From the developers of Launch Party.

Pikmin-like action RTS.

Rogue-lite turn based tactics.

This looks… amazing!