Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Hear hear!

I find it playable, but hunting the bland, nondescript teleporter in a sea of samey-looking level geometry solo can be really frustrating. I’ve had multiple cases of running around the level in circles looking for the damn thing. I imagine that’s not nearly as much of an issue in multiplayer.

It’s surrounded by glowing, sparkling, orange particles that make it easier to spot.

I can’t imagine playing DRG solo when the randos are so decent.

I’d agree with your assessment. Solo versus multiplayer DRG is night and day, with multiplayer being the superior option. But I still play and enjoy the solo stuff. FWIW - I think ROR2 solo options fare better, because in solo you’re not fighting over chests.

You know I’ve found this to be true. On most difficulties DRG is a strong link sport - and since everyone pubbing online is a 3 star level 99 gunner, I get carried through any insane hazard level 4 mission I join on a whim.

Coming out September 10th (got an email today about it):

popup dungeon looks AWESOME. anyone playing this??

It sure does. And I’d also like to know if it lives up to how cool it looks.

Bought it, downloading it, not playing it yet, but as soon as I do I’ll let you know. ;)

So, first impressions are great. Presentation is fantastic, gameplay seems solid and flexible, and the creative possibilities are the game’s main strength. It may actually be the best creative engine for RPGs since the original Neverwinter Nights, from what I’ve seen, though it was little more than a cursory look so far… but I see myself having a lot of fun with this game.

This is a very interesting little game.

It’s quite hard.

Yes. Probably depend on the modding community but given the ability to create your own modules and cards it could make for some funny streaming opportunities also. I do hope some modders take a serious approach though as the tutorial and initial campaign is full of stoopid! Wildermyth is aiming for similar modability and isn’t OTT wacky!

i broke down and bought it when i saw it was 28% off on humble. im so excited by the impressions im reading about its flexibility

popup dungeon sounds like fun But on the stream page people are reporting launch issues, is the game running smoothly for everyone here?

I had no noticeable issues, but I haven’t played a lot yet.

Pop-up dungeon is made by a studio called Triple B titles…

So ofcourse ill buy it, as I am BBB…

This looks cool.

Seeing it described as small scale indie immersive sim / hitman-like with spiders.

A quick look

Spiders are your friends. Make it about hunting roaches and I’m in.