Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

It’s great.

The Siralim games are very good, but one big gotcha is you can’t save in a dungeon, and you’ll be going into dungeons a lot. Might be a deal breaker for you - it certainly was for me, sadly.

Infraspace is a Mars-based city-builder production chain type game that just entered EA March 12th. Saw it pop up on a stream in my YT feed and it seems like something we should keep tabs on:

If you want to see it in action, here’s a YouTube stream by a guy named Raptor who I sub to:

The Tenants sounds like a combination of House Flipper and the Sims. You play as the landlord so I assume you renovate residences and then decide who to rent to? Why isn’t it called The Landlord? Beats me!

A demo is available:

A Martian setting with cars on roads is just… messing with my head.

That Tenants Steam page description is punishingly tone deaf.

Holy crap, that looks right up my alley. If they get that right I’ll play it forever. Thanks for the heads-up!

There’s a neat looking short-form, narrative-focused game called Aidos coming out in a couple of days from the writer behind Paratopic, a cult favorite of Youtubers MandaloreGaming and RagnaRox. The premise is you’re a pig farmer who gets sick of disposing bodies for the mob.

Looks like a unique game–and not even two dollars at the moment.

I am surprised by all the positive reviews for it, and I see it has fishing!

Prehistoric Kingdom looks like another take on the habitat-builder game, with this one focusing only on dinosaurs (as far as I can tell). Supposed to be out in Q2 of 2021, and though the blurb on Steam says it’s in Early Access, I didn’t see a way to purchase it. So perhaps that’s coming soon.

Will Pig Finn and fruity soap loot boxes be included?

Here’s an interesting little political sim that throws in some light city building and production chaining for good measure. There’s a demo if you’re inclined to check it out…

yeah I started it last night; there’s quite a bit to juggle - politics, religion, ethnic tensions, corruption, great power relations, rebels - including maybe one of your advisors, the usual resource management stuff. There’s a buttload of graphs & info. And corny FMV!

It’s one of those games that limits you to a set number of actions per turn so you have to choose wisely.

Oh and one of your neighbours are a nation of chickens.

Although there is an option to turn the chickens off.

And the wasps.

Yes I saw that option; didn’t know quite what it meant at the start!

Very interested in hearing additional thoughts as you go! This is on my wishlist and I’ve been in a buying mood lately, but making myself hold off on buying anything until I’m actually ready to play them. Once I finish my current game of Imperator I’m looking at either Rogue State Revolution or Endzone.

I only have the demo at this stage; it certainly appears as though there’s a lot of game for the price.

I’ve only played the tutorial so far but will keep you posted. There does seem to be a good amount of depth to the game. Plus turn-based.