Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

It just lacks the mountain ;D

It has plenty of mountains, though probably not the obvious ones. ;)

Just what we need after being quarantined at home for a year: a game about losing sanity the more you travel.

?

hey, Warpips is actually really fun autobattler. But talking about autobattler, wasn’t this invented by Swords & Soldiers on the original Wii? I got it also in my Steam account as Sword & Soldiers HD

check this out

I remember, Tom Chick was very fond of the game

Shoot’em’up with physics-based shot pathing.

2.5D side scroller.

@ArmandoPenblade, I found a game that you can definitely beat.

Okay that actually looks delightful, though.

Looks pretty good!

Ooo, that looks gorgeous! I saw Floex provides the music too, which is great.

“Indian mom”

Please, please, please also have Indian dad that pops in and calls you “bastard!” if you mess up.

Aw yeah! I totally forgot about Bandcamp Friday last week as well, booo!

Man, some people will do anything for a family secret lamb korma recipe.

Gordian Quest has received some serious development. It now has a endless ‘Realm’ mode which is very similar to the branching ‘acts’ structure of Slay the Spire. You pick a team of 3 heroes choose a realm from a choice of three, then try and reach the big boss via a series of nodes including combats, shrines, campsites, events etc.

It doesn’t seem to have any meta progression, unlockables etc yet, so there is no strong hook to improve your score, but I do find the gameplay pretty dang fun already. This is shaping up really well

Have you tried

I personally didn’t like it that much but it did give me vibe Slay the Spire for a little bit.

New puzzle game coming from the DROD guy:

A ways off but I for one wishlisted.

massive DROD fan here… I’m a little concerned about the graphics on this one. The 3D aspect seems like a complication that hurts my brain… and not in a good way. But I’ll have to wait until June 2022 (I suspect it’ll be bumped) to know for sure, I guess.

Massive DROD fan too. This goes to my immediate wishlist and becomes my most anticipated game.

Graphics look off, true. DROD has always been very low budget and it’s harder to pull off in 3D.

But I don’t care!

Open-world sci-fi mystery story in which you play a forklift:

I operated a forklift on a loading dock at Prince pasta company when it was owned by the Pellegrino family. If this game is anything like that experience then the Mob did it!

Hundred Days came out today and its not an early access title. I picked it up and am having fun so far. Its quite challenging. I’m having trouble balancing two fields in the early goings. There is a lot of winemaking information in the game as a sort of teaching tool. A couple of poor quality batches has my cashflow hurting. Its clearly important to take the right steps to make a high quality batch. One of the main mechanics is a card/tile system that limits what activities you can do each turn on the work board. It got overwhelming with two fields and a small board trying to juggle the necessary steps to take the grapes to a finished bottle. The growing seasons go by quickly so its quick to iterate on your choices.

Eurogamer has a nice feature on the lead designer: