Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

An unofficial Tom Chick adventure? ;)

Action-roguelike from 10tons.

Retro stealth action Metal Gear satire, from the developer of UnEpic.

2D platformer building & defense.

DwarfHeim has left Early Access. Online-only, but there’s a friend-pass version for co-op.

This is out tomorrow. No reviews or impressions yet but I played the demo and quite liked it.

This one is excellent, can confirm.

As usual with those guys, eh!

Like The D&D cartoon and Scrabble had a baby, meet Tomes and Quests

It’s out! I’ve had that one wishlisted for awhile, looks right up my alley. Thanks for the notice!

JARS

Love the Tim Burton vibes! Out on Oct 20!

Nice find, wishlisted!

You got it! I found it along with others on this site, Finger Guns.

They published 17 Indie games they are looking forward to. I wishlisted a few others from there as well.

Peachleaf Pirates

I bought this on a whim and quite like it.
It has some elements inspired by Stardew Valley like the top down view, farming and husbandry. It combines those with a theme, humour-focus and adventure game puzzle elements inspired by Monkey Island 1 and 2.

It is notably smaller in scope than both those inspirations but is overall a pretty well rounded game at a notably small price point.

Casual TBS rogue-lite auto-battler

Driving shoot em up

Retro 2D metroidvania

Time-dependent re-playable SF action-adventure, has a demo

This is really addicting. I play a lot of disc golf in real life, and this game nails it pretty well. You have to pass challenges to get better discs, to do tougher challenges etc, and the loop is fairly tough. Lots of courses, a few different modes to fool around with.

5 bucks on steam, but free on the phone if you want to try it out. If you like golf games in general, you’ll probably like this.

StoneDeep looks great, but user reviews/comments mention it feels unfinished for a version 1.0

:(

I love the humor in Popup Dungeon, a game, IMO, that didn’t receive the player base it deserves.

So, on the first floor of the tower, I’m given a choice: ask the Ding Bat where the exit is, or search for one:

80% chance of success. Pftt! I got this!

I didn’t “got this.”

How embarrassing! I failed on the first level, and now it’s game over!

lol! Love it!

Is there an actual game in popup dungeon now?

There always has been.

I enjoyed the first few campaigns of popup dungeon, but for me, any time that would have spent there got completely consumed by the release of Wildermyth. I do plan to go back to PD eventually, I’m sure theres some cool workshop content.

I’m always pulled away from games I’m enjoying for the new shiny. So I can relate to this comment. And Wildermyth is an excellent game, one that deserves more of my time. But then I buy Vagrus today. Gaming was so much easier when we were fortunate to see more than one game released a month. ;-)