Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Has anyone played Mech Engineer?

The RPS write up makes me think “Rule the Waves but with mechs”, but I might be thinking that just since it is the game I’ve wanted for five years.

I’m considerably older than 37 and had no problem with wrist pain playing Potioncraft, (the demo at least).

I wasn’t expecting much going in, as these mixing games tend to be quite simple, but I really enjoyed the way you use recipes to explore for ingredients and had a really good time with the game.

Wait, what? They appear to be using the national animal of each country as avatars. What makes you suggest they’re furries? There’s nothing “furry” about them.

Game reminds me of Balance of Power, but it’s been a while.

It’s a joke, Son

The famous national animal of West Germany after it annexed the Benelux. The cane using field mouse! :P

Well I knew someone would find one that wasn’t! Some of them are though, that’s good enough for me. ;)

It still looks like Balance of Power though. I haven’t played that game in a long time.

For those that like puzzlers like Stephen’s Sausage Roll
Bonfire Peaks coming to Steam, Switch, Playstation

Nice, I’m sure this will be a day one purchase for @Left_Empty . He’s very fond of Stephen’s sausage.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Been on my wishlist for months. Looks good.

Not only of Stephen’s, but having played quite a bit of that Monster Expedition and Baba is You, although they are compared a lot, they weren’t sausages.
I thought Stephen’s was unique and in a genre of its own the more I played with it, and those spiritual spawns have so far strengthened that feeling.

I just bought this and played the first few levels. Nice little game. It’s not by Zachtronics but if you’ve played any of those games you’ll feel completely at home. It’s exactly the same sort of gameplay; take two “signals” (i.e. values) and apply operations to them to output expected values.

I don’t really know what else to say because it’s exactly the sort of game you’d expect from Zachtronics. So if that’s your thing, this will be too. I definitely recommend it.

If you had just a minimal amount of cultured prejudices then you knew that it should be a hamster. Because it’s West Germany after all, check?

I didn’t even know this sort of game still exists, reminds me of the good ol’ DOS days :-)

Oh wow, I think I’m gonna need that. And it’s by Longbow too - nice.

I’ve stumbled upon it just because I play their other games. This would have never popped up on my steam page. I’d need to do some arithmetical acrobatics to get anything but strategy games listed :-) That’s why I’m fond of this thread.

I can’t believe you guys haven’t been playing the best breakout game of the last 20 years :0
It is available for old Macintosh computers too, on their site, if they didn’t take it down in all its geocities gif colourful glory!

Sable is out now, and still looks very interesting to me.

And it’s on Game Pass! If you’re into that sort of thing.