Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I’m hoping that this is the sci-go Diablo clone ARPG (that The Ascent wasn’t) for me:

And yet another game postponed to next week… till next week, probably!
grumblefistrage

Cough Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Martyr cough

Yeah, I know but it just didn’t grab me. You’d think this would do it, but it doesn’t, can’t explain why except maybe the WH universe isn’t all that interesting to me.

If you remember games like Leaderboard Golf and the original Links, maybe this will be as nostalgic for you as for me:

The PGA Golf I played in my dorm’s computer lab was fun. But it was magenta and cyan, not all these wonderful colors.

The depth of that game’s systems is downright staggering. It really is an onion, isn’t it? I didn’t know half the layers were even there til I was like level 30. Also: Psyker4Lyfe

Assassin 4EVA. ;) Yeah there’s a ton going on, which is one reason I love it.

I need to try an assassing at some point. I just love that panic-spamming abilities with a Psyker fissures reality so badly you end up eyeball-deep in chaos spawn.

That is a hilarious aspect of that class, to be sure. I just love the focused shots of the Assassin. The Crusader is a lot of fun so far though. I only dabbled with the classes back in beta before settling on Assassin so I’m glad they’re being fleshed out, though many complain the Psyker is being left behind. I hope they give the class some more love with the new DLC coming out.

Not sure why I’ve never played this. Is Martyr or Prophecy the better starting point these days?

Just get the complete collection and install Martyr, as you then still get all the content from Prophecy. The initial three classes, Assassin, Crusader and Psyker, have the same starting story but the Tech Adept from Prophecy has a different story, though they do eventually all merge. So Martyr is where you really wanna start since you get a more fleshed-out story.

Ok, thanks. On the wishlist it goes (again?)

Yay! It’s been as cheap as $20 for the whole collection, and likely will again in the upcoming sale!

With lost Ark hopefully coming next month, I’m not really looking to play an aRPG right this second, but will definitely watch for a sale.

Sho’nuff, it’s not going anywhere.

I thought it was officially releasing in March though they have an announcement tonight after a new trailer so perhaps you are right!

March is a Q1 placeholder, not a confirmed release date. Recent rumors have been saying January, but that could just be wishful thinking. Hopefully we know more in a few hours

And we do know more now, as the trailer last night announced they are launching Feb 11, which means the 3-day headstart is Feb 8. Nice!

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts is finally out in EA. I really want this to be good but will wait for some positive feedback before I take the plunge.