Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Awesome! Word of warning, you’ll have to send quite a few marines to their deaths before you can make meaningful modding decisions. Early on they’ll be lucky if you give them even a helmet.

I am no soldier but if I could only send one gun to fight people, I would make sure I did more than 2 to 3 damage.

Hard to imagine Puppet Combo games without the PS1 graphics.

I had never heard of these, and I DO NOT WANT

I’m glad they exist, though; they look very… effective.

Inkle announced their next game yesterday. A side-scrolling parkour survival story game?

Murder House is great, you should play it.

If it’s Inkle, I’m in.

I cannot decide if Model Builder is the stupidest thing I’ve ever played, or if it’s utterly brilliant. It’s probably nowhere near those poles of that scale, but I am leaning towards the latter. Since I was a kid I’ve loved models, while also fully understanding that I lack the patience, artistic ability, and manual dexterity to have any aptitude for making them look good. And so man does that game scratch an itch.

Is there a decent variety of models? I’ve almost pulled the trigger on it like five times this week, but I’m worried that there would be a lack of variety, and it’s not super clear from the videos and description if that’s the case or not.

I honestly don’t know yet. I’ll keep playing and report back. :)

I’ve been keeping my eye the model builder game as well. First model I ever made was a Messerschmitt BF109 when I was, like, eight, and have been fascinated with models ever since. Unfortunately, I kind of grew out of the hobby in my teens but, dang, this looks like a good way to try and get back in it. Not sure how many models are available at launch but I’ve watched a streamer play and so far I’ve seen a Tiger II and a Stuka.

I have literally spent nearly 50 minutes using the air-brush/atomizer tool in the game to put a stripe on a dragon tail for a model early in story mode. (BTW, this is NOT a knock on the game. Quite the contrary!)

I think I’ll make a thread for the game, since I’m gonna at least be spending a lot of time with it. :)

An interesting looking horde game by Door 407 called Diplomacy is Not an Option just released into early access. Seems like the kind of game several people here might enjoy;

Diplomacy Is Not An Option looks solid. It has a demo.

Nebulous: Fleet Command has entered early access.

Solargene has entered early access.

Pirates! clone that missed the launch date.

Wetrix / Aqua Aqua clone.

Yeah, Puppet Combo’s work is the essence of that look, with a thick layer of VHS fuzz on top for good measure. I’ve just not got the fortitude to play them though! The unrelated Slide in the Woods was enough for me:

Very short and effective!

How about a new Golf RPG? Gotta imagine that price is going to stifle its exposure, but I will never criticize an indie for asking for more money!

I’ve seen this on the upcoming Switch releases, and I was intrigued by it until I saw it being published by Kemco… So many bad picks in their recent catalogue!

On the fence on this one. On one hand, it’s Early Access from an unknown developer (one man show, I think) with no reviews or forum activity, Plus, the videos on Youtube are less than helpful. OTOH, if it’s halfway decent it would be right up my alley and it’s only 7 magic beans to find out.

Dawn of the Monsters, a Kaiju beat em up from Wayforward and 13AM Games.

Let us know :)