Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Yes! You’re probably thinking of Jelly No Puzzle, which I haven’t played, but that was by the same dev, Qrostar. I love Yugo Puzzle but, yeah, it is very hard, but in a weirdly welcoming way.

Hahah, oh no! :) Yeah, I remember having a lot of difficulty working out how to get the timings in sync. I don’t recall now what the trick was but I can relate!

Yep, there are definitely strategies for when and how to put bends in a beam to get it to intersect with another at the right time. It’s all about getting it to travel the right number of extra steps, but yeah, I usually just fiddled with it until something worked. Often the level’s shape gives you a clue, but not always.

The one element I didn’t care for in SOLAS were the few places where the timing of how you placed or moved pieces mattered. Admittedly, they made for some fascinating challenges, but they felt a little bit against the spirit of the game, at least to me.

Still, I think it’s an incredible game and I hope you return to it!

Yes! I’ve actually met that, although I was wondering if it was me “brute-forcing” my way through a puzzle, or overthinking it.
Can never be sure in those games, aw, one more headache!

Yeah, while I don’t recall any timing-based solutions (it’s been a while since I played it now so I’m probably forgetting), I do remember thinking something was timing-based (ew!) then later realising there was a solution which was ‘stable’, as I liked to call it. That always felt good. Man, I’m thinking of some of the long multi-screen puzzles near the end that are just amazingly intricate things. Specifically the top right of the map where you have to re-engineer the entire solution to fix each new screen puzzle.

For The Warp is out of EA. FTL meets Slay the Spire? Only Brian knows for sure.

I see that moss_icon and thischarmingman have already mentioned Norco, but I had missed hearing about it until some rave review dropped today. I think I’ll need to check this out pronto.

It’s on Game Pass just in case people didn’t know

Really enjoying this so far, a couple of hours in - inventive, and at the moment has the difficulty curve pitched well: only one optional puzzle so far has completely stumped me, but the rest do that great thing of making you feel smart for puzzling them out while teaching you new techniques. I’ve no doubt it will get trickier later on though. Recommended!

Please join me in the puzzle thread, I feel lonely there ;_;

Which puzzle thread?

This one!

I’d somehow missed that thread until now! Pleased to see others enjoying the game too :)

Was I the only one hoping for arkanoid-style gameplay?

Anyone checked out this xcomy indie? Thinking for 10 bucks I might even though it is EA (ugh):

I got it but I’ve not tried it yet. If I boot up my PC this weekend I’ll give it a whirl.

The Switch has stolen his heart!!

Well it allows me to game while hanging out with the wife as we watch stuff together so it’s a win win really.

I’m looking forward to the day she will glance over and the Switch will steal your wife’s heart!

Nah, the Switch has too many buttons for her liking.