Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

So like this?

Perhaps. Time will tell.

The one thing I’m worried the most about Midnight Suns is the lack of exploration.

From the videos, all the action takes place in a very constricted space, with all the heroes and foes there.

If I’m wrong, please let me know and make my day.

In combat, that’s accurate.

There’s RPG/adventure game type exploration, but it’s completely separate from combat.

I know these guys 2nd-hand, and can tell you they are very aware of Midnight Suns and are working to differentiate themselves from it. :)

Anybody know much about UNDECEMBER? It’s an ARPG that releases tomorrow (Oct 12) and appears to be F2P. I guess I’ll take a shot at it tomorrow.

I think there will be a fair number of people who will not like the combat system in midnight Suns, since it is so unlike Xcom, that will be very interested in Capes. The combat systems are going to be quite different.

I’m going to take a shot at it too. It appears of be Korean in origin. I saw some comments that the melee attacks feel good and impactful. Some PoE players seem interested in it. A lot of concern about p2w.

I have since seen some curators on Steam refer to it as very similar to Diablo Immortal (as in “it’s a F2P port of a mobile game with monetization”) so I’m going to hold off and let you take a whack at it!

So far it seem more like PoE than anything else I’ve played. In fact a lot of PoE players seem to be abandoning PoE for this. The graphics are nice. The combat so far is fun. You can link runes and skills runes together to create interesting combo skills. I’d say give it a try. It’s free after all and has quite a bit of buzz.

It’s definitely my genre, so I’d like to try it. A bit leery of it because of all the negative reviews on Steam though. Scrolling through them, it’s mostly complaining about how expensive it is to get stash tabs and other useful things.

Yeah, like PoE, you have to buy additional inventory. I will worry about that if I like the game enough to stick with it. If I do, I will wait for a sale or promo to get extra space.

All the negative reviews seem to boil down to “it’s p2w”. But, Steam had the same uproar before Lost Ark came out so I take that with a big grain of salt. I’ll see for myself.

Timemelters, the Sacrifice clone based on The Witch by the Sang-Froid guys, is out!!

Oh no, it’s out, in EA! Why, oh why?!

TimeMelters is 99% complete and has every single feature a full release typically has already implemented. This includes:
-Full Single Player Campaign (8-10 hours of gameplay time)
-Full Coop Campaign (8-10 hours of gameplay time)
TimeMelters is currently only playable with mouse & keyboard and doesn’t natively support controllers. We would like to add controller support in a future update.

Ha ha! it’s fake EA, wheee!!!

Definitely Korean. My impression of attack weight watching video was exactly the opposite, but that can be deceiving I suppose, and I was probably comparing it subconsciously to Superfuse. Do report back!

I’m only level 4 so far but I like it so far. They give you a ton of free stuff. One of the first freebies is 100k in gold so that helps a lot. You can buy some runes using gold in the first town. You also get them from finishing quests. You can pick one of the three runes offered for the reward. You can also level up the runes in town using mats. So, in all cases, like PoE except with runes instead of gems. There’s also a shared character stash chest in town. Again, like PoE.

Note that the game starts in a kind of tutorial mode where you get to try out high level mage, fighter and archer builds. You can skip that and go right into character creation by clicking the upper right of screen button.

The game is classless and your build depends on runes, equipment and stat point selections. I’m going to try a melee/magic hybrid whirlwind toxic flame build for my first character.

You know, I was just thinking earlier this afternoon, “hey, at least they came up with a memorable name”.

And I was trying to think of it now, and my mind came up with “UnWednesday”.

Looking it up, it’s UnDecember. D’oh! Maybe not THAT memorable.

UnOctober would have been more memorable. But only this month.

I’m up to level 15 now and having a lot of fun with it. It has the things I love about an arpg. For sure worth a try.

Good controller support?

It has controller support but I’m using mouse/keyboard so I don’t know how good it is. Mouse/keyboard works well.