Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Did it actually hurt your character?

I didn’t read the damage output to find out because I was trying to not die.

What I really want to know is, if I get a sword stuck in there and whip around like a 360, can I hit people with it.

Sounds like you be close to what the Chainsaw Man (anime) actually is if you can do that!

An upcoming (Q4 2023) colony sim slash tactical combat game, with ties to Rimworld (the lead dev created the Combat Extended mod for it).

Seems ambitious.

Just caught wind of this on Twitter–a game in development called The Banished Vault:

Screenshots look intriguing.

And somewhat complicated!!

That looks great, thank you!

Am I right in thinking Mike Bithell is involved with that one too?

Apparently so! Bithell Games now has a publishing arm.

I’m sure it’s a statement about me that I look at those screenshots, have absolutely no idea what the hell they mean, but am instantly intrigued.

Hm, I’m looking at those screens and feeling a little intimidated. Maybe I can watch somebody play it sometime.

oh i’ve seen this a while ago. it looked like a more casual take on the dominions battles.

Finally beginning to look like I belong in the arena instead of someone who fell into the bargain bucket at a Party City.

I really need nicer shoes though.

(We Who Are About To Die)

I am intrigued by this game.

Here’s what the Armello folks have been working on.

Jumplight Odyssey – Roguelite starship colony sim

So, Space Haven then?

That is the game that is Starblazers in disguise IIRC. : )

I had to go watch the trailer after you said that. I can certainly see it (hear it, too). Kind of makes me sad, since real-time games and I are not on friendly terms.

Here’s a little Early Access time-waster I’ve been wasting some enjoyable time with:

It’s billed as a “minimalism strategy game” and that is correct. It’s simple, it’s minimal, and although it has SOME strategic depth, that is within a pretty narrow range. But I’m finding it a pretty chill “quick game before bed” or “quick coffee break game”. Plus, it’s cheap.

It’s early access but the basic maps and skirmishes are playable along with a fairly decent list of challenge maps.

It’s nothing spectacular, but I’m enjoying it.