Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I just loaded it while i was on hold at work…and ooof not good
No tutorial and no game manual, its not an overly complicated game but figuring out how to loot enemies is a serious trial and error, figuring out the iconography is trial and error. It could be a decent game, but this is a severe turn-off.

Anyone tried Stirring Abyss? A “tactical game filled with Lovecraftian fear”?

With a pull quote from Tom on thei page, even.

I enjoyed it, but it is Not Easy.

I remember @Tomchick saying it could have been much worse but wasn’t and that was meant to be positive or something like this : ) And then I bought it. And I thought it was a bit interesting and I could see myself really liking it. Solid mechanics, solid setting, solid most things as far as I had seen them. Played for an hour or two and then life happened and I never got back. I still want to play it one day. It lacks a bit of fanciness, would be the most negative thing I could say about it.

Hah! I missed that!

That looks cool, kind of reminds me of a game I picked up on itch.io a while back called Iron Lung. Similar in its content I guess, with its underwater Lovecraftian themes - not its mechanics (it’s not an RPG).

The Besties raved about this free game on their latest episode. Bloody Hell is a fast paced game about killing Satan!

Here is a game that’s more or less imminent for release (10th of March) after a long and winding development history and quite a few delays.

(Also available from GOG, at least it’s planned to be.)

From what I could muster, it’s a not-quite-soulslike. The mechanics are different (stats are tied to equipment, there’s no “leveling” in the souls sense, no I-frames in combat), it has climbable enemies (I had a penchant for those ever since stabbing the first cyclops’ eyeball in Dragon’s Dogma), underwater sequences, seemingly no bonfire mechanics, and a visual setting that borrows heavily from BLAME!, a manga set in an ever-expanding urban structure.
Oh, yeah, and it’s been developed by 3 guys.
Not expecting greatness here, but it might be interesting enough to take a closer look. After all, I did enjoy Hellpoint.

No release date yet, but Kings Orders sure looks interesting.

Based on this playthrough of the demo it looks to be right up my alley

Finally, somebody picking that awesome/terrible idea of the Take Command games up!

It seems the same publisher (but NOT same developer) already released Radio Commander and has one called Radio Commander: Pacific Campaign in the works. I recall a stream of Radio Commander that showed interesting gameplay but exceptionally goofy writing.

Then there’s Radio General, which is I think like Radio Commander but WWII in Europe, and is an entirely separate publisher/developer but looks very similar.

“You command thy armies” was painful to read. The game’s premise does sound interesting, though.

This looks very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Or Waterloo, way back on the Amiga. Where you not only commanded your troops by entering written orders which had a time delay, might not be followed, etc, you also had to enter them via text parser input (with proper British spelling.)

Thanks for jogging my memory. I KNEW I had seen a similar concept back in ancient times, but I couldn’t recall where.

Uh, I totally had forgotten there is a new Clash game in development. I just saw a trailer

It looks like it released today?

I played the demo for it on Xbox during their indie demo fest thing a couple months back. It’s quite something. I am absolutely picking it up at some point, probably this week if there’s the usual launch discount that a lot of indie games have…

Never even heard of this game before but it looks awesome in the music is rockin’.