Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

That’s a great trailer.

So many train games lately! Good times.

This looks pretty good, a FTL like game:

There’s a demo available for Breachway and it seems fun so far. Needs more variety but you have to expect that will come before release.

I agree. Awesome trailer!

The iOS version of KoDP has a fine UI, and it was done internally by A#. The Android and PC version of KoDP was done by Herocraft, and yes the UI is not great. Probably the reason there has not been and presumably will not be an Android version of Six Ages. Literally the only reason I sometimes wish I had an iPhone.

Breachway is VERY early. Pre-alpha. It’s basically a combat tech demo. But they have some cool ideas and the devs seem really receptive to feedback. I think it has real potential.

Definitely curious about this Wild West survival game with a tile-based landscape that came out today. Somehow it ended up on my wishlist, even though it doesn’t appear to have come up in the thread yet:

Landlord’s Super - aka Scouser Simulator is out.

https://twitter.com/MinskWorks/status/1661683810587619328

Saw this on a list of indie gems out this year, looks neat.

Nice find, that one looks like it could be a fun, light little action RPG. Well done bad-guy games are too rare.

Dear lord, though, when a TRAILER makes me nauseous from camera movement, it’s a bad sign.

The wobble? I’m wondering if that’s them being “cure” for the trailer rather than being actually representative of how the camera moves during the game.

Anyone like myself that remembers the old Naval Op: Warship Gunner and it’s sequels might be interested in Waves of Steel.

The game play is completely arcade and goes farther and farther into the crazy.

Spent my afternoon and evening playing. Have gotten to cruisers so far.

you get hulls and unlock parts to put in as you choose. Want a bunch of smaller guns all over the ship? You can do that (within the weight limits of each hull). Want to have 18 torpedoes to launch and laugh at all the explosions? Yep.

Hate the annoying aircraft buzzing you? You can put a variety of AA guns all up and down the ship.

The game has a lot of accessibility options; including some cheat stuff. You are able to group your weapons up and set each group separately to autofire at selected enemy categories (regular ships, PT boats, aircraft, submarines, land targets). Or shoot them all manually if you want.

Wish I had gotten it at the beginning of the holiday weekend instead of the end, but oh well.

A tweakable & pushable particle system screensaver-like toy, recently price dropped to $1. It generates some beautiful and fascinating behavior. Recommended if you’re into physics/chemistry/microbiology. I love this thing.

20 Minutes Till Dawn has left early access. Vampire Survivors clone with aiming.

Voidigo has left early access. Nuclear Throne style roguelite. The screen shaking can be disabled.

Lovecraftian dating sim, murder mystery, visual novel set in Fallen London.

Pinging @lordkosc , I have had Fishing Paradiso on my watch list for a while, but I notice you never mentionned it, which is either you being too busy, or the game being terrible!
One thing I have been very curious about is whether the game use soundscapes during fishing phases, or some obnoxious music like is often the case. If anybody can enlighten me.

Little turn based Stellaris spin-off? Honestly wouldn’t take note if it wasn’t developed by Whatboy who made the amazing underrated gem Trials of Fire.

Multiplayer only? Pfui

A one hour 4X multiplayer sounds pretty cool, and ambitious!