Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

OMG you guys, so I discovered this game called LOGistICAL via a friend on Steam. It’s basically a logistical strategy puzzle game. Each town is its own puzzle, and each town has needs and industries. You use trucks to complete each town so that they can put out their industry more efficiently, thereby feeding other towns that need the goods supplied by those industries. It takes place in Australia, and I just lost about an hour and a half to it without even realizing it. It’s amazing so far, and I want to solve all the towns.

Side note for @wumpus and crew, Stream seems to now be amending the name of the game at the end of their URLS, at least for me, so rather than:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/573060/

The URLs are:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/573060/LOGistICAL/

Which seems to break the Steam embed. Just thought you ought to know.

@BrianRubin - I’ve been a hair away from pulling the trigger on this at least half a dozen times, but never quite did it. Is it really that good? I saw they released New Zealand DLC for it last week.

I’m watching American Gods and all I wanna do is play more.

Wishlisted. But when I get it I better like it, damn your eyes.

Well crap.

That trailer is awful, and I can’t find a single piece of gameplay video.

Edit: found a tutorial here

The screenshots to sell you the game. In particular #2 seems to shout “this is a tangled horrible mess of a game”. So they make all that manageable where your eyes don’t need to beg for mercy?

It’s a bit odd at first, but the arrows in the tutorial scenarios and the tutorial videos help untangle things.

Yeah, it may be amazing, but it doesn’t sell itself well.

It’s that “tutorial” in particular, that always stops me.

Mightily intrigued, very nice spotting!

I know it looks odd, but trust me, in practice it’s pretty great.

Tomorrow afternoon, I’m gonna be doing some stream testing, and I’ll be using this game for part of it, so I’ll link to the vid once it’s done.

If you enjoy Logistical that much you can all come and do my actual day job for me while I stay home and play Dirt Rally.

It was actually this review that really sold me on the game…

I work in the Sutherland Shire with freight/logistics, and I basically bought this off the first screenshot…

Am I VERY glad I did. It’s a little overwhelming at first, but once you realise the methodology and the functions available, it will soon make sense and provide you many many challenges, and you will need to adjust your strategy to complete tasks/goals.

I gave up playing X3 when the spreadsheets I was using to control my fleet of automated freighters became larger and more complicated than the ones I used for work.

I would do eight-to-ten hours of supply chain for [major consumer products company] during the day and then come home and do it all over again, only in space and with less ice cream.

I think it’s the puzzle solving aspect that appeals to me, and I typically don’t like puzzles.

Maybe this forum needs a “Mildly intriguing!” button instead of a Like button.

You had me at logistical.

Well, I bit on Logistical and squinted through the first two tutorials. My problem is that the font is so small and light-colored I can barely read it. Plus, when I lowered the resolution to see if it would help, it lowered the native resolution on my desktop as well.

I’m not giving up on it yet, but @BrianRubin has got some 'splainin to do.

I’m playing it in a 1440x900 window and it’s readable. My monitor is 1080p though.

Planet Nomads looks like a good risk (YT Let’s Play). Sandbox survival game, EA release on May 25. Aesthetics are similar to No Man’s Sky, but that’s probably where the similarities end. Probably a day 1 purchase for me unless there are major issues.