Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

These are two different types of games! I do hope it turns into a better Rogue Legacy though.

Was so hyped until I saw the dreaded “Early Access” box. See you next year, sexy action game!

And Antihero isn’t Early Access or Caves of Qud or Cogmind ;)

Antihero and Cogmind aren’t. Nor are they action games. I have rules. No early access action games. Obey the rules.

I think you are just making them up as you go along. Anyway I picked up dead cells, will give my thoughts soon.

Anyone else playing Project Aura?

Playing may not be the right workd, since I picked it up about a year ago on a whim, and between the steep learning curve and horrendous interface it bounced right off of me. That said, I’ve been following development pretty closely, since it did sort of remind me of the last couple of Anno titles.

It’s scheduled to come out of EA by the end of June. A major patch dropped today, and supposedly there have been a ton of QOL improvements to both the interface and tutorial, as well as oodles of new content.

I’m thinking this might be the right time to check it out again.

Looks interestng. It kind of reminds me of Plague Inc, but without knowing more about the gameplay it’s tough to say for sure.

If it is anything like the iOS game by the same name, it’s a pure clone of Plague Inc, with the world map substitued by a named person. While I like occasionnaly wiping out humanity inside Pandemic ripoffs like anybody, I found the hospital theme and personal aspect of that one quite distateful.

I’m pretty sure it’s a port of the game you’re referring to…

[edit]Actually it seems like a sequel, where you can choose to save the patient. Either way, I’d as soon play Plague Inc or Pandemic.

Is anyone grabbing Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs, which released today? It pushes all the right buttons for me, but it is $25 and the dev’s first Steam release.

I got a key from a friend, but I don’t know when I’ll play it since I have all these amazing games to play, and with Endless Space 2 coming out tomorrow, chances are slim that I’ll give this any time.

But if I can, I’ll download and try it later today and let you know.

…cheerful fantasy world full of weirdness and wonder.

Why?? I want deep, dark, and serious! I just played the Disgaea 5 demo and it seems like a great, deep system but it’s full of penguins saying “dood” and half naked anime girls. This game doesn’t look quite so outrageous, but why can’t they make a good serious tactical RPG?

Still, I’m in if it’s good. I ordered Disgaea 5 just because it is supposed to be so good.

I’m the opposite. Bored of gritty already.

Not sure how gritty this one is, but I was looking forward to it and I know a few others were as well @geewhiz.

I’m in the throes of ES2, but will be looking to pick this up sooner than later. 10% off until May 30.

“thieve’s guild” wtf

Why did you ruin my day by pointing this out?

Mine too.

I once passed a store in the Adirondacks with a big sign that read

GENERAL SUPPLIE’S

I went in and asked to speak with the general.

Watch out for my sequel - ROUGE GUILD

First DLC
“The steak out”