Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Didn’t stop me from wishlisting it! :-) Though they had me at “co-creator of Banner Saga series” Swoon.

That’s the origin story for the Incredible Hulk, right?

I thought it was about David Banner’s struggles with substance abuse. Who can say?

You go, girl!

https://youtu.be/TzMSfaNXYZg?t=10

@rhamorim

[quote=“belouski, post:721, topic:73462, full:true”]
Not sure how gritty this one is, but I was looking forward to it and I know a few others were as well @geewhiz. [/quote]

Thanks for the heads up!

Quarantine (not THAT Quarantine) is out of Early Access, at 6 bucks, down from the 14 original price.
To quote one of the early opinions, that shares some of tgb’s concerns, “Unless the hard mode is a lot harder than the super easy “normal” mode, then this game has way too little gameplay, and should either reduce it’s price to at least £3.99 or triple the amount of content it currently has.”
I am affraid that it seems they seem to have settled for the second possibility?

I checked out the 1.0 build last night and didn’t see a lot of difference, other than a fairly trivial addition that agents are limited in how far they can travel. It still seemed pretty easy. Of course I’m not thrilled that the price at release is $10 les than I paid for it…

Did anyone end up playing this? I’m really interested in impressions.

Haven’t played, or bought yet. Reviews make it sound fiddly. Stoic has said they are going to try and make things clearer to new players, and part of that will be more gameplay videos. Polygon released a video, and I could see how some of the controls and features could be frustrating. However, I’m still intending to buy it before the discount drops on the 30th.

Thanks!

A video for RIOT showed up on Youtube!

Am I going to need an Atari 2600 emulator to play that?

No, a standard PC will be fine. Remember it uses less pixels to keep your video card running cool.

Questionable grammar is unfortunately not the only issue with Killers and Thieves. Mysterio saw I was playing it on Steam and asked what I thought. This is what I replied with.

Unfortunately not (referring to whether or not the Mixed reviews were wrong). Controls are very fiddly. I like the concept a lot, and there is some neat management, and looks like a potentially interesting story. Unfortunately, the actual heists are the weakest part of the game.

I still plan to play it a while longer, to see if if it is just a learning curve issue I’m having. I think the management aspects, and the story will help motivate me to continue.

Thank you for your impressions!

Vote for this on greenlight.

Ohhh awesome. I groaned when I read “Voxel Tycoon” but then it hit me. Voted in the hopes that it realizes its full potential!

If we are turning this thread into this thread, everybody sane should vote for Jydge.
It is mindblowing the creators of Crimsonland and
#Neon #&@$!ing Chrome
have to get through this silly greenlightening process, but they do.