Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

That’s a mesmerizing video. It’s engrossing to watch and shows that the guy really has a lot of talent. Thanks for linking that.

There is a new game streaming service coming soon focused on indie titles:

https://playonjump.com

It is starting with 60 games and will be adding 10 per month and it will be priced at $10 per month.

This seems expensive to me unless the catalogue is really good but this remains to be seen.

Solar Settlers has been delayed to the 26th

I blame Tom.

Oh gosh, I was told there was an embargo until the release date.

That was said in jest. In fact, I was surprised to learn that there was an embargo, since one of the developers participated in the livestream last week.

Well, that’s good, I was worried.

Anybody tried this yet:

Looks very interesting

A friend of mine tried it and thought it had some interesting ideas, but ended up hating it because:

• you have to buy hotkeys with gems;
  • the combat window jumps around on screen to make it more difficult to hit the “attack” button in battle.

That was enough for me to lose interest, but for others it might be part of the charm, so YMMV.

Fuck both of those things. Ouchies. I’m totally waiting for a deep cut/bundle on this one (like space games, I need to own all the roguelikes, for reasons…).

Morphite lands on September 7:

Now Solar Setlers is being released tomorrow.

But I still blame Tom :)

Content has been obviously cut!

Saw this released on steam today, anyone own it?

Review video:

I played a couple of hours on medium difficulty and have basically built enough to repel the bad guys and also built all the structures. My knights seem to be frozen though, probably a bug.

The graphics are cute but ultimately it seems pretty shallow. My advice would be not to buy until there is more content, if there ever will be.

Picked up Force of Nature from the Steam front page. I’m finding it immediately unplayable due to a terrible UI bug or limitation, which is a first for me. Only way I can collect items is via the mouse. The camera is only controllable while all UI windows are closed, and then I can’t pick anything up (default key mapping, E key).

I think @GuildBoss streamed this a bit. How’d you like it? Looks like you didn’t experience any issues like this one.

Yeah, this is really good. Highly recommended.

Not a big fan of pixelicious games but I like the looks of this.

Yeah, I made 3 videos for my channel before throwing in the towel. It was just far too grindy (for me) for making consistent video content. Can’t recall if I had issues with the camera, beyond the lousy angle that the dev was adamant about NOT changing “to preserve the old school feel”… translation: “to lose a lot of potential sales because I’m a stupid ass”

Looks like fun, what’s the end game like? Just a take on a rogue-like, you try to get as far as possible each time? Besides train repair, any building?

Tom streamed it at least once