Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Hope it’s alright that I drop a non-PC title in here! Golf Story just came out on Switch and with about 2 hours of playtime I’m really enjoying it. The golf is easy so far, maybe difficulty is going to ramp up in later courses but it feels like the golfing is more of a vehicle for the story than meant to be an excruciating challenge.

Me, too. My wife – not so much. The game uses the hi-def rumble/vibration so heavily that the incessant noise of the controllers rumbling means that I’m not allowed to play the game in the same room with her. Not sure why it bothers her so much, when the button clicking (which also is loud) doesn’t, but anyhow… Can the rumbling be turned off?

When you start the game on the main title screen. Hit + and go to Settings. You can turn off Rumble & Music there.

Awesome, thanks! I poked around for it a bit last night but was in game and didn’t see that option. My wife was shooting daggers with her eyes. I’m not sure why the rumble noise bothers her so much.

She was (obviously) not ready to rumble.

Haha. Exactly. I walked right into that one.

PSA: Mario Golf may ruin your chances for sexy time.

Any chance that anyone knows anybody that knows anything about this?

Never heard of it but looks cool. Thanks!

Not much. They have been working on it for several years now. TA thread here

It felt too by-the-numbers for me. As someone who played a lot of Jyhad back in the day, and loved the asymmetry among the factions, I was disappointed at how the theming in this was mainly the artwork. Seemed like a run-of-the-mill card game with vampire pictures on it.
But I didn’t stick with it for very long, so I’d be happy to hear from someone who’s spent more time with it.

-Tom

Thanks. Think I’ll pass, then.

@tgb123

Harald:
I bought it on Steam and played one game against the AI. Thought I was doing great but the last turn killed me. It is hard keeping all the different scoring relationships straight in your head.

If you want to play a game against me I am geetop.

The hardness reminds me when we both tried to beat the tutorials in Prismata! : )

I’d be up for that except we both have to be online at the same time to setup a game. After that, turns are async, I think. Where do you live?

X-Com (the original) meets Chaos Overlords? Yes, please.

Vigilantes. It’s early access but only $10.

Have some game play..

As an aside, this is the first time I’ve seen one of this guy’s videos, and I really like his style a lot.

Sold. I liked Chaos Overlords but I felt like there should be more to it. Adding tactical combat is perfect. It looks to me like there’s a bit of RPG DNA in there as well, specifically Wasteland 2.

Now I’ll just try to resist the urge to play it until it releases.

Not sure if this is the best thread, but I just returned from the European Conference on Game-Based Learning where a swiss game about data security and privacy won first prize in the 5th International Educational Games Competition:
Datak can be played in English, I see the embed is in French.

Top-down shooter inspired by STALKER:

Beta/demo here:

Warbanners just got released.

Anyone here can offer a review? Is it worthy enough to have it’s own thread?

Been watching over it for a while, I’d love to hear impressions (and how the English version is faring)

I am a sucker for games like this. The last one I enjoyed a lot was Battle Brothers.