Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I just played it a bit as well, and it is definitely oldschool: it reminds me of those early 80s computer management games, whose aspects you could still find around in Koei’s 80s offerings. With lots of decisions, so many I may wonder if any are important. Time will tell!
There are tons and tons of typos (it’s pretty incredible), but there is also so much enthusiasm it is difficult to not forgive them.

Looks promising!

Yeah I am watching that game closely, looks amazing.

That looks awesome - Warcraft/StarCraft with zombies? I’m in! Not wild about the whole steampunk thing, but I can deal.

And it has a great trailer.

If ever there was an appropriately named game it’s Niche.

Using genetics, you breed your cutesy-wootsy little rabbitty things so that they develop the traits that allow them to thrive in a series of progressively hostile environments. The presentation makes it appear to be a casual mobile time-waster but there’s a surprising depth to it all, as you manipulate dominant and recessive genes to give your offspring things like horns and claws. It’s like the first part of Spore, but better.

It’s major fault is nonexistent documentation and a tutorial that just stops when it gets to the important stuff. You’ll spend a lot of time in the Wiki and the Steam forums in order to understand how genetic mutations actually work and how to develop better camouflage in order to survive the jungle biomes.

Thanks! I’ve been looking for a game like this that uses realistic genetics to breed creatures. Wishlisted.

Death Coming. Light puzzle game, lots of trial and error. But I’ve been having fun killing the little people, over and over and over again. Plus, under $5 until 11/13.

They are Billions :

This is a real-time strategy game, but don’t get too nervous. You can pause the action to take the best strategic and tactical decisions.

In Pause Mode, you can place structures to build, give orders to your army, or consult all of the game’s information.

This game is all about strategy, not player performance or the player’s skill to memorize and quickly execute dozens of key commands. Pause the game and take all the time you need!

Oh thank god.

I think this has been mentioned in a few other threads, but thought I’d drop a link here. Pretty fun game, build spaceships, blow people up, build bigger spaceships. And, it’s free!

https://cosmoteer.net/

Yes, amazing game. Won’t be free forever, but is for now.

Isometric RPG with heavy stealth mechanics from Ex-Witcher devs.
Seven: The Days Long Gone. Out next month

Gameplay

Incidentally, the studio behind Niche has a new game on Kickstarter and it looks like hella fun:

Nimbatus is a ton of fun.

You know what I’d love, though? To be able to play the entire game without ever using manual control. I love games with a core loop of design/program/watch/repeat

Worshippers is an interesting looking 4X played as a CCG. It has a meta-campaign not unlike Space Tyrant or Eador, where disciples your god acquires by completing various maps can be spent on more cards.

This guy has done a pretty good series of Let’s Plays and it seems to have a lot of potential. My only gripe is (so far) the game is all PvE, with no AI opposition (although the developer says it may be added in later).

It just came out in EA today, but it seems pretty feature-complete. For $10 I may just pick it up.

Well, the big update’s here. If any of you don’t have the game yet (huh?), it’s going to be on special offer on Steam today.

YESSSSSS time to dive back in!

I’ll put it in this thread instead. Check it out:

The comic book styling of that is a neat idea, but (and maybe this is just because it is a repeating image) watching the box slide in over and over seems intrusive. Sure that would be better when you have more transitions. Oooh, equipment determines the cards you get in your deck, like in card hunter. I like that sort of mechanic.