Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Thanks for posting this. I love the look of it, so I picked it up today. It’s really good. It just oozes style and charm for a dungeon crawler. I can’t wait until they finish it.

I’ve been dithering back and forth on whether to pick it up now or wait a while for any early issues to be fixed. I may just go ahead and pull the trigger based on your report.

Is anybody playing Deep Sixed?

Tom streamed it the other day. It looked really interesting (couldn’t make out what it was from the start of the stream to the finish, which is good in my book), but I was curious how it was holding up in the long run.

I’ll be playing it tonight. I’ve only played the alpha before this, but it’s fun. Definitely a good time if you’re interested in the inner workings of fictional spaceships.

For any programming game fans, this looks interesting:

I’m kind of surprised that there isn’t a dedicated thread for this one given that it was inspired by Dream Quest and how popular Monster Slayers is here. Its Steam rating is ‘overwhelmingly positive’ and is on sale right now for the Chinese New Year sale. Also, it’s been in EA since November.

I’d be very curious to hear about that.
It looks very polished, but it doesn’t look as if there is much content (a bit like the recently released Meteorfall on iOS — which is very fine for a couple of hours of distraction).

It is a game like Has-Been Heroes that is intended to be replayed. There are lots of unlockables.

Slay the Spire is a bit like Monster Slayers but deeper and narrower ,just three classes but with much more depth to each.

I have enjoyed it a lot in early access.

I’ve been playing it a ton this last week. Strangely, even after I win a run I still want play it again because there are so many different card combos to try that work. That wasn’t the case for me with Monster Slayers.

The Steam forum is so active that I got really curious about how many copies of the game have been sold in EA so far. To my surprise, Steamspy says it’s sold over 500,000 copies already. Wow.

Really liking it too. I haven’t managed to kill the third boss yet but I’ve been close.

Just hit Ascension 1. The Real Dark Souls starts here, etc. etc.

All Walls Must Fall exited EA today at the ridiculously low price of $6.99 (30% discount, historical low):

RPS recommends it:

I picked this up this morning and it is superb so far.

XCOM if all the levels were german techno nightclubs and you only had one time travelling soldier.

That looks brilliant. And at that price too…

Hello there. Thanks, mate!

The apocalypse. …

Thanks for the recommendation!

I have boughtened this as well as Deep Sixed after Tom’s latest podcast and review.

Diego

I can’t help but think that the game should have been titled All Walls Shall Fall. But yeah, I’m weird that way.

Difficulty ramps up pretty quickly! (Or maybe I am awful at it) 31 people killed on my last mission.

Pacifist achievements are bugged at the moment and pop instead of the standard mission complete ones but that should be a simple thing for them to fix.

Coolest feature: each time combat ends you get a realtime replay of that whole sequence. These look great and I hope they add a gif or video export button for them.