Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

He also includes the full server and client source code with the purchase.

Slay the Spire is pretty great, just won with the first class. I thought there were 6 levels for some reason so I was kinda sad when it ended after 3. I enjoyed getting new cards, leveling them up, discovering new artifacts. The enemies seemed nice and varied too with the different abilities. Not nearly as much grinding as Monster Slayers, which is a good thing even though I liked Monster Slayers a lot.

Against my better judgement, I let a friend show me Book of Demons. He loaded up his character and ran through a short dungeon, adding a bit to his progress deeper undergrand, getting a legendary card, and revealing a couple of new enemies.

DO NOT PLAY IT if you don’t want to pine for yet another game that’s in early access!

-Tom

Geez seems I bought this in the middle of 2016. Still waiting for it to be finished! :(

You can limit yourself to play as only one of the three character classes, as a little sip, just to get an idea! and then wait for the full release.
It keeps getting pushed back though, now I see it’s planned for the end of the year!

Great to hear! Yeah its one of my goto comfort games these days. I am looking forward to the third class being added.

Owners of The Raven, Legacy of a Master Thief, should have the remastered version added for free to their Steam accounts.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-raven-remastered-is-now-available-free-to-all-owners-of-the-original-game/

I shall put this here…

looks cool! Hope the “Alpha” is just part of the title and not an indicator of its development state.

hmm there is no brigador thread so i’m not sure where to put this. although the music in brigador is excellent, the game is certainly improved if you listen to carpenter brut whilst playing.

I love Carpenter Brut so much

I’d never heard of the guy, but if you told me that was a lost Dream Theater soundtrack from an 80s Sci-fi movie, I’d have totally believed it.

You’ve basically got it. :)

If you like it, look up Synthwave (the genre).

Holy crap, that’s amazing. Never heard it before.

Cool, thanks for the info

Maybe a quick suggestion?

That is a little on the heavier side of the genre.

Lighter side:

There ought to be an electronica thread over in music (maybe there already is…). I know so little about it, apart from the occasional foray into something like Thievery Corporation, or this one song I adore from an old Ninja Tune compilation.

Sweet holy jeebus on a jumped up neon pogo stick, that might be the best thing I have ever seen in all my life!

-Tom

Love the track but have never caught the video. Thanks!

Well at least bring it back to indie games if you’re going to do this.