Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Wow, it REALLY does.

I know no one asked, but those characters (ビーコン) are simply “beacon” in Japanese (katakana).

Untitled

I’ll remain skeptical of BEACON since I recently played RUINER and was slightly bored and annoyed. (I had to look up the name of the game, which is probably a bad sign.)

It’s also a progression roguelite, so it’s starting from a deficit.

I have to admit this looks fun. No timers, no goals, just driving a car with a gamepad on a wacky narrow track for $4.

Just stumbled accross this little puzzle out of Ludum Dare, and it is quite wonderfull on all fronts.
Totally seeing this incoming on iOS!

A demo is now available!

Looks like there is a Demo on Steam.

This looks fun, and is currently on sale, so I’m gonna snag it.

I had mantis burn once. Couldn’t sit down for a week.

Ok , graphics aside, this looks cool.

Not sure if serious, but Tom streamed this on Monday:

Oh he did? Cheers! Yeah i was being serious. Maybe I am wrong, will watch stream. I take it its actually bad?

I couldn’t tell if it was good from a short stream, but if the graphics don’t put you off you may enjoy it as a Rimworld-like with a post apocalypse mystic/demonic theme instead aliens or zombies. I did vote for it a month ago, but still want to watch some more streams of later game play before I decide.

cool, I may give it a shot this weekend. It looks unique enough to get me interested.

Developed by Trese Brothers, “Star Traders: Frontiers is the best space game I’ve played in ages,” says RPS.

The man myth space game reviewer legend, @BrianRubin said its F-U-N in his preview late last year.

Had hoped this was to announce they were out of early access. Does anyone know when it is scheduled for release? When they released in November they anticipated being in EA 6 months.

I may break my not so strongly held rule to not buy this before release, as I really liked Templar Battleforce. Are there any compelling reasons not to buy this now?

None that I can think of off the top of my head. They’ve updated the game 59 times (many times issuing multiple updates per week) since entering EA and have published a development roadmap. These two guys must never sleep!

Sorry @Rod_Humble I just posted this release in the City Builder thread too. I didn’t think to look in here first.

I do like the game play, but yeah it’s not the most graphically gifted game out there.