Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I liked the idea of Dead in Bermuda, but found it very easy to get caught in a long, slow death spiral you couldn’t escape from, that wasn’t apparent for a good while.

My experience is that it has enough content for about two hours of gameplay. I was really disappointed. I also found the combat to be very repetitive in itself, especially bosses - despite their marketing about crafting combos and such, the bosses all have set stun times based on explicit vulnerability states and your ability choices have no impact on it.

Yeah I liked the idea too, but the experience was just not… fun. I’ve played difficult games before but this just felt more like a one way to do a puzzle and you made a wrong move 20 turns back and didn’t even know it.

If you’re familiar with Binding of Isaac or Enter the Gungeon, how do you think they compare to Wizard of Legend in terms of difficulty and replayability?

I haven’t played either, sorry.

You can play it solo. The co-op is also only local, not online.

Yeah the caveat to Dead Cells is there’s less content and it’s not in Early Access so it’s unclear if more is coming.

But short playtime is actually an advantage for me! I’ll probably beat it once and set it aside.

Dead Cells is absolutely in early access. Says so right on the store page?

Just missing a few words when I typed it on my phone. I meant the caveat to the Dead Cells comparison I made originally.

Oh, you meant the other game. My bad.

Any “A Way Out” impressions? My brother pointed out that it seems to be getting favorable reviews.

Might be a tower defense game? We’ll find out on the 30th I guess.

Makes me think of Minions.

Announced for PC and Switch. A card-based mashup between a battler (like Slay the Spire) and a tile-based dungeon exploration game where you use the cards to do things like create new pathways .

I saw Cohh playing this today and it looks fun as heck.

That showed up on the splash screen of Steam app yesterday, I thought it looked pretty awesome. Have to check out what Cohh thought of it.

So this game tie in for the movie Geostorm got ported over to Steam and its apparently pretty good.

And Graveyard Keeper has entered Alpha!

There is fishing in game, so we know it will be awesome.

Just watched a short video of SplatterCatGaming playing Moonlighter. He described it as a better version of Recettear. The visual style in the dungeon reminds me of the Binding of Isaac.

Here’s the video I watched. If you’re not familiar with him, SplatterCat plays a lot of indie games, so he’s good for finding out about what’s coming down the pike.

I find that hard to be true, but if it is (or if it’s even close to being true), then I’m all over Moonlighter the minute it’s out.