Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

For what it is worth, while the interface on the PC version is remarkable if you play with a single character, it sort of fails when you play with a party of two: you have to awkwardly scroll their skills all the time.
I prefer playing the game with a single character anyway. It seems more challenging.

Haven’t actually tried with two yet. Let me give it a quick try. Seems to be fine. Play is a bit slower that way, but interface seems perfectly functional. With higher level characters you might have to scroll a bit to see all powers (can happen with one character as well)

Really like One Deck Dungeon. Yes, there’s a lot of randomness in the dice rolls, but also seems like there are a lot of tools to mitigate it enough where it stil takes skill. Most certainly a good iPad game as well. Glad I waited. Still early but hilghly recommend it for $8.

It is a battery killer on my old iPad. One game = ~20% drop. (Just to be clear, my battery is shot, not the games fault.)

Played the mage last night for the first time and died on the same turn I would have killed the boss. Womp, womp.

Tiny Bubbles is out on Steam

Is that an endorsement or just letting us know of a game that looks good to you?

Ohmigosh! Did not realize this hit the App Store a couple of weeks ago

The Quiet Sleep sounds intriguing. Settlers meets TD mechanics, wrapped in a metaphor for personal growth.

I’ll add my big thumbs up for this clever game!

Someone mentioned this game awhile ago and has been sitting on my wishlist. I put it up here as a kind of public service announcement. I will get it but not sure if it will be on iOS or Steam at this point.

I posted the trailer in this thread last September. There are 7 worlds. I’ve played the first two on iPad (it starts out quite simple so those didn’t take that long…I’m starting to have to think a bit more on some of them). Very slick so far. Definitely original. Too soon to say whether the concept is ultimately brilliant, but it is definitely interesting. Seems made for touchscreen in that the tactile act of touching the screen to pop bubbles feels good.

Rise of Liberty is a fun little blast for $8.

Takes about 15 seconds to set up a battle and then you’re off, forming lines, running away from cavalry and being obliterated by cannons. It’s red-vs-blue, 18th century style.

This feels like it should definitely be in VR.

Played a fair bit of Tiny Bubbles on iOS. It’s a fine timewaster while out and about, but I’m not sure I’d play it on PC.

Saw a couple tweets about this and a favorable Eurogamer review so picked it up more or less on a whim for the Switch—I’d never heard of it until today. I always forget about the little rewards program with the eShop, so an already cheap $19.99 knocked down to about $12 after cashing in some gold coins made it a no-brainer.

I’ve only spent a few minutes with it, but I like what I see.

Oh! Been looking forward to this one for months.

Steam link for PC folks

What about Graveyard Keeper, a uh, graveyard management sim? Two things going for it are

• done by the developers who did Punch Club, and
  • you start with a talking skull as a companion (great shades of Planescape Torment)

In my case, that is something going against it.

I don’t anything about Punch Club, but I’ve been keeping an eye out on this game because it’s unique and kind of has Stardew Valley / RPG look and feel to it.

If it isn’t named Murray, PASS!