Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Jesus Christ, nausea warning, OMGWTFBBQ

OMG I’m sorry, did you get nauseous watching that?!

In about 3.4 seconds, lol

OH wow I’m sorry, I had no idea it would cause nausea.

Dude, it’s fine, just warning others

Just feel bad is all.

It DOES look like fun, but I could never play it.

That how it was for me and the Portal games… so far the only games I can’t play.

I didn’t last long with Descent. I’ve felt sub par in a small number of games, but I couldn’t play Descent.

If I am sick, like so little sick I might not even realize it, it gets worst. Everquest and some other 3D games have been known to cause nausea, but if I am perfectly well just fine. I dread the days I hit age because I gotta feeling this response will only get worse.

I found this The Commission Review/Let’s Play and it gave me a much better idea of the game. Very positive review. But he claims the in-game glossary will tell you everything, and I saw other Let’s Plays where the person struggled with that glossary.

I wants it SO BADLY.

Donut County came out yesterday. It’s a charming anti-Katamari game that you can play through in an evening (90-120m). Currently on Steam, GOG, PS4, and iOS (where it’s $5).

I gave my impressions over in the iOS thread. Short version: it’s fine. I’m okay paying $5 for it on the App Store where paying anything at all feels extravagant these days. But more than $10? I don’t usually like to go to dollar/hour formulas for if a game is “worth it”. But I’d have a hard time recommending this at that price.

Well THIS looks fascinating:

Single player post-apocalyptic open world RPG wherein you can modify yourself with cybernetic enhancements, join specific factions and so on.

I have been the early access version of Fell Seal a lot, I’ve played through the available story missions twice. There is now a new demo

Grabbed that, thanks.

I have wasted a bit of time on this, and that Book of Demons of Roguelike is quite nifty a little time-waster. I have yet to manage a single win.

Vblank Entertainment’s follow-up to Retro City Rampage, Shakedown: Hawaii, has a new trailer. According to the developer’s website, the game’s “almost content complete,” and will just be focused on polish, tuning and bug fixing. A more detailed trailer will be released later this month.

Looking good!