Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Yay!!!

I enjoyed Paratopic a whole bunch.

It’s an elliptical ~40 minute long (there’s some secrets to poke around for though that’ll extend your playtime) horror walking sim using 30 Flights of Loving-style jumpcuts,

The PS1 aesthetic works surprisingly well. Probably because it makes everything look diseased and horrible, which fits hand in glove with the Lynch and Cronenberg influences.

Someone just gifted me a copy of Minion Master on steam, but it doesn’t say how gave it to me. Is that common?

Also, who should I thank?

I got a random copy in my Steam inventory too. Considering how that company absolutely spams their email list with giveaway codes for new minions and DLC, I assume they just gave everybody who owns one of their games a free copy.

Oh. That might makes sense. Well, I might give it a try.

So this looks absolutely fascinating. Has anyone played it?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/410340/Liftoff_FPV_Drone_Racing/

Looks interesting in a janky sorta way.

Drops in only 2 weeks!

Looks quite interesting. Thank you for pointing it out.

Crosscode final release is now out on Steam and GOG!

Picked The Commission up today and played just enough to realize I have a lot to learn. I’m having difficulty determining which rackets are most effective in each neighborhood.

Did anybody check out Breathedge? It’s in development, but looks interesting:

Seems to be garnering some good reviews from people who’ve played it so far.

Heard about it but … BUT its Early Access and only has around 20% of the story so far.

The game is in Early Access and has only one story chapter for the moment, designed for 3-6 hours of gameplay, but this is not the end. We plan to make 5 story chapters that will reveal all the twists and turns of the plot, will acquaint the player with all the participants of this totally truthful story and at the same time will be one whole game.

WISHLISTED!

Artifex Mundi released their first developed game in years

An HOG with art to die for, in my case at least.
At 15 bucks, it is above my paygrade for what I am willing to afford for 4 hours of digital relaxation, but I wanted to throw it out there for the other HOG enthusiasts that may have missed it and want to mark it down for later — or the inevitable bundling.
I love that art so much.

Anxious to hear your thoughts after playing The Commission a bit. I’m undecided after watching some Let’s Plays. I don’t mind spreadsheet style games but I can’t really tell whether there is anything interesting to the strategy.

There’s a lot going on under the hood that’s not readily apparent from some of the Let’s Plays. Your Don, Capos, and Soldatos (soldiers) all have randomly generated traits that make the rackets you choose to invest in more or less profitable. The size and wealth of the neighborhoods affects that as well (rich folk don’t play the numbers or go to loansharks, for instance).

On top of that, the city government will enact laws that affect everything on a global scale, as will The Commission itself, which meets every 24 weeks (turns).

Anybody check out 60 Parsecs? It seems interesting.

Well, it’s a space-theme version of their previous game, so if you like one…

As far as I can tell, it’s not much different from their previous game.

The theme of space travel is different, but the underlying “survival with a forced sense of humor” stuff is the same. I found them pretty tedious based on what little I played.

-Tom