Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Was the video tutorial any help?

Sadly it wasn’t. Admittedly I’m not a big board game person, but there are some I love, like Lords of Waterdeep, so I can grok board games. Not really this one though.

@Sonoftgb DId you ever play this? Also @BrianRubin did you give it a whirl as I can see you own it? I just received a 66% off voucher for it on steam.

I’ve not, sadly. I keep meaning to.

Well it came out at $1.70 after current discounts so it was worth a punt.

It completely fell off my radar.

So I picked up Exodus because board game 4X. There’s definitely a learning curve, and it reminds me of Eclipse on steroids. It’s definitely more polished, which is good.

I watched the video tutorial followed by a couple of videos of the physical game being explained, so I have the broad strokes, but the interface needs more explanation (it took me 10 minutes to figure out why I couldn’t move pops from one planet to the other even though I had researched the tech).

I think I’m going to watch the developers other playthrough to see if I can grok it a bit more, but so far this seems like a keeper.

This comes out today, and should at the very least be on more people’s wishlists!

Glad you have more patience for it then I did.

Lucas “Papers Please” Pope has announced that Return of the Obra Dinn will be released October 18!

Project Warlock, which is exclusively releasing to GoG on October 18, looks like a pretty sweet retro FPS throwback!

https://www.gog.com/game/project_warlock

Another board-game style historical tbs. Pushes all of my buttons, especially at my “Why the hell not?” price.

Anyone playing Fate Hunters, currently in EA? Reminds me of Slay the Spire.

Here’s their roadmap.

I imagine we’ll be in for a long wait, but here’s another sweet looking indie FPS, Prodeus, developed by a couple of ex-Raven vets.

Did you get to play Age of Viking Conquest a bit?

Yes, and got a refund.

Not only is the interface unresponsive, often taking several clicks to just close a menu, but the mechanic of having to spend $ whenever you attempt a lot of actions (discovery, spying, setting up a trading post) that have a high chance to fail made the early game just plain repetitive and boring.

Thank you. That sounds really antiquated.

Store page:

Soon to be on STEAM:

It’s been available on Switch for almost two months.

But not on PC until today!