Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

It’s a really tiny game with very little breadth. As a casual pastime for 2-3 tries it’s fine, but it does not have legs, imho.

That’s so cool that you remembered me! :)

Unfortunately:

This is what I keep hearing. :(

Another day, another board game. This time it’s Terraforming Mars, releasing later today:

I played the Beta, and it’s quite good. No announced price yet, but word on the street says $30, which is quite high for Asmodee. For that you can pick up Twilight Struggle AND Scythe.

Here’s hoping for a launch-day discount.

From the Steam page:

Cultist%20Simulator%20Mars

Uh.

-Tom

@tomchick - Are you saying that’s good or bad?

He was probably making fun of his last name.

I assume he was concerned about this being an “adaptation”, which sounds like a variant? That’s what concerned me, anyway.

No one knows what Tom is thinking, even Tom.

I think he’s objecting to the use of the word “Cult” in the description of a board game with no cultists in it. That adjective should be reserved for games like Study in Emerald, Arkham Horror, or Cultist Simulator!

I think he is objecting to the word “faithfully”, since everyone knows that corporate Mars is atheist.

Or maybe the word “developed”

How was that not clear to everyone but me and you? “Cult board game”? There are probably over 200 unique cards in Terraforming Mars and not a single one for a small religious sect worshipping a charismatic leader.

But also, I am currently very unimpressed with this port. Lots of flash, not enough functionality.

-Tom

I played the beta and thought it was awful.

But maybe they fixed it.

The Twilight Struggle beta was frighteningly bad.

Then the game came out and the world was spinning round again.

Considering that none of my real life friends at the moment are board gamers, I’ll take what I can get.

Yeah I love the boardgame so much I may take a dive in anyway. No launch discount seems a bit harsh though :|

Having read the EG review, it sounds like a must have:

Oh that was that game! I remember the prototype being totally mesmerizing. I am totally looking forward to it.

Speaking of boardgame conversions, maybe I should start a thread? Anyway this is out

Second Second looks interesting and just entered EA.

Is that any good? From the description the game play doesn’t sound that interesting to me.