Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I never ended up trying it, since i have a lot of early acess game i gave it a pass, but it’s sad to see devs getting so mad at criticism but i can understand their point of view.

Ill probably try it once they the full game.

Kenshi isn’t the greatest game, but its latest patch has one of the greatest bug fixes

“If you named your faction “Spiders”, your characters would randomly turn into spiders”

Latest in the Holy Potatoes series is out.

I picked this up today, and like the others in the series there seems to be a pretty good amount of depth wrapped in cartoony graphics and groan-inducing puns. I’m still pretty early in but enjoying it so far.

There’s a new Kingdom game coming in December!

Kingdom: Two Crowns is set in medieval Japan and will have the option to play two-player co-op.

Nice!

I loved Kingdom, but it did overstay its welcome due to lack of content, imho. This sounds perfect!

Popup Dungeon has caught my attention.

That looks very cool.

Whoa. Yeah I am in for sure.

Here’s our own @BrianRubin with a stream of their previous game, Ring Runner

Ring Runner, still one of the best deals in space gaming from a dollar-to-hour perspective.

Only my so-far successful attempt at avoiding Early Access keeps me from jumping on this.

James Allen reviewed Veil of Crows recently. It looks like Mount and Blade with RTS battles. Which could work for me, as I was incompetent at melee in M&B. Like so bad that my daughter laughed out loud at me and still asks me to play it just to amuse her.

The reviews on Steam are mixed, with one theme that the ideas are good but poorly executed while others praise it as having lots of potential.

Anyone playing it and recommending it?

Has anybody tried Sword of the Stars: the Pit: of Doom (early access)?

Pit of Doom is a cooperative rpg with first-person-shooter controls and roguelike permadeath. It is meant to be played solo, or cooperatively with up to three friends.

Players will take on the role of a Marine, Scout or Engineer character and enter the Pit, a high-tech dungeon in which diabolical experiments are performed on life forms gathered from all over the galaxy.

Game Features:

• Start as one of three unique Characters, each with different Attributes, Skills and Items!

• Explore procedurally generated hallways, rooms and biomes!

• Battle monsters and robots to gain experience and loot!

• Open locked doors and rifle through alien treasure troves, seeking supplies, ammunition and gear!

• Gain Levels to improve your Attributes and Skills!

• Collect components and craft new items to improve your chances of survival!

• Delve as deep into the Pit as you can, before you’re horribly killed! Each new floor becomes more challenging and progressively more difficult to beat.

There had been a write up over on stately play, but their discourse forum imploded during an update

I’ve only tried it on the old PC, and it ran like crap.

Has anyone played Traffic Manager? The idea sounds good but it seems like it may be heavily flawed?

Didn’t see anyone mention Landinar: Into the Void (EA) yet. It’s a top-down space RPG/sim, sort of in the vein of Freelancer. I played a few hours prior to the latest big patch (Propulsion Update) and found it to be quite a bit of fun. You start with a little basic ship and fly around in a big “open-world”, get into dogfights (that were admittedly a bit underwhelming before the patch), land at space stations and talk to NPCs, do missions, buy and sell, upgrade your ship, yada yada yada. I really liked the “real time” seamless play where you can literally zoom into your ship during flight/combat, hop out of the cockpit, walk around and do repairs, restock ammo, etc. Check it out!

Imagine Freelancer as a top-down RPG. In Landinar: Into the Void you start as a rookie bounty hunter in the oppressive Landinar Empire. Explore the universe to meet diverse characters, fight your battles and build your own space ship to fit your personal playing style.

In Landinar: Into the Void you create your own adventure. You decide what to do, who to talk to, who to fight and how big (or small) your space ship is going to be.

Features:

• The quadrant: Explore the quadrant of Landinar: into the Void any way you like. Travel to 10+ (with more to come) different sectors to find new people, tech and different types of enemies.
  • Build your own spaceship: Gather hull templates and parts to design and build your own ship. Do you prefer speed or gunpower? Build your ship to match your personal playing style.
  • Seamless scaling: Dock your ship, walk around a station, get into the cockpit and seamlessly fly out into space whenever you feel like it.
  • Enjoy the universe at your own pace: Decide where to go, who you work for and how you complete your objectives

Interesting, will check this out. They really should let you import any purchased jpegs from Star Citizen for the ultimate space adventure.

Ehhh, at least a year of EA mentioned, which probably means 2 years of EA in reality. :P