I Played This Indie Game and You Should Too!

I like Bottom of the 9th quite a bit, but not without some reservations. It is very heavily influenced by dice rolls. I have gone through some pretty bad streaks regarding base running, where I should have better than a 50% success rate. I’m sure it works both ways and that the player will have lucky streaks too - but it does get frustrating when my series goes down the drain because of a ton of failed base running roles.

There are several modes of play, but I have been concentraing on the manager’s challenge. The player needs to win 4 out of 6 games and also gets scored on some other criteria to get a final ranking. The games each have their own conditions which shakes things up a bit. I’ve gotten my moneys worth already just playing this.

I prefer the classic method of pitching used by the AI - which is card based, so as you get through the deck you can start to figure out the most likely pitch. The other is more of a straight guessing game where the pitcher can “use up” some of their options so some choices get eliminated.

Maybe I’ll try and write something up more coherent, but I’m happy with the purchase, but I’d advise those who are very random adverse to stay away.