I Played This Indie Game and You Should Too!

Yep. Except a lot more modern, and quite a bit cheaper.

Didn’t need more than that push! Love you guys :D

Lol I should probably buy it too. It’s been on my wishlist for ages, just hesitant because I played a lot of the older web version and I know it would likely be yet another backlogger. But, support the dev I guess!

This is so great.
It really is Fastcrawl, with err… Dream Quest’s art…
What a great day!

Uh, the art is Rembrandt compared to Dream Quest’s art.
Just cleared level one and I’m loving this. I’ll have to check out Godfall.

I backed the Kickstarter as I used to play the Kongregate game and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the release in a few days.

And you don’t tell anyone ¬_¬

And Godfall looks to be a huge step up in that department. Anyone know what it will cost?

By the way, there’s another inspired-by-dream quest game (the first being monster slayers) being developed called Meteorfall from Slothwerks (Tales of the Adventure Company) with an art style I’d describe as Adventure Time-esque.

https://meteorfallblog.wordpress.com/

$15.00 USD, with a launch discount of 10%.

I picked up Bio Inc. Redemption on a whim, and enjoyed the little bit of time I’ve spent with it so far. It’s been dismissed as a Plague, Inc. clone, which it is to some degree, but it’s much deeper and more difficult.

Having played the “good”(save the patient) tutorial and first campaign mission, and read some of the comments, my main concern is that it might be scripted, in that the missions always feature the same diseases.

Still, with two distinct campaigns (the other involves making the patient sicker until he dies), there may be just enough replay value. Plus it was only $11.

This sokoban meets music sequencer game is from a couple of ex Blue Tongue (de Blob) guys. It is coming to IOS next week. PC later this year.

Been looking forward to this one for awhile. This is a beautiful aRPG with Crashlands style combat on the overland map. Hits steam on August 8th and iOS a couple of days later. As I don’t have an mFi controller, actually thinking of getting this on PC.

On sale right now. Nice little turn-based tactics game.

Has anyone played This is the Police? It was interesting for a little while, but sending out cops to random crimes is not has interesting as it was several hours ago. The detective “put the photos in the correct order” is kinda fun. I’m just wondering if it ever does anything to make it worth sticking with. I’m about 30 days in on the game calendar.

I played and sort of left after a while when the experience didn’t seem to be changing much. It’s a game that I really want to like, but it got monotonous. I should go back to it, at some point. It’s another game that seems like it would be great on the iPad during a plane ride or something.

West of Loathing (full disclosure: a friend of mine from high school is one of the devs) is a super goofy RPG of stick figure cowboys fighting demon cows and stuff like that. It’s full of seriously clever jokes, and they’re the real draw, but it’s also a decent lite RPG with a lot of smart and unique design decisions. Just walking around and exploring the side-scrolling scenes looking at stuff is really enjoyable. I’ve run across a few really nifty surprises–random objects that turn out to be valuable artifacts in the right situation, and little buried quests that unfold in ways you don’t expect. Really enjoying the music as well.

Wow, nice find, and thanks for the write-up: that banner had totally thrown the superficial me away!

And coming to iOS. Very interested.

This looks awesome and picked it up. Now i just need to buy some time to play these games…

This might qualify for it’s own thread, but for now I will leave it here:

Quirky Japanese mix of turn based strategy and real time (fast) tactics that a lot of the time play out automatically like Dominions 4. Oh and narrative, it’s one of those Japanese strategy games with integrated character driven narrative.

Haven’t played much (and the UI is something) but it’s definitely interesting, specially for the price.

Only 3 factions out of 12 have had their story bits translated though.