I Played This Indie Game and You Should Too!

You’re not playing Opus Magnum yet. That will change.

Sure, it’s just a prettier version of Spacechem on a hex grid. Oh, do I have your attention?

I enjoyed Spaceplan quite a bit - while I can’t say I enjoyed much of anything about the other game, sorry Rod ;)

No worries! Sorry if I wasted your time!

No worries, it was Nightgaunt’s fault!
Making lots of friends here today.

This looks fun. @tomchick did you try it at all?

Taking a look at upcoming releases I came across Mare Nostrvm, turn based ancient sea battles.

I kind of shrugged my shoulders and was about to move on when I noticed 5 little words that stopped me in my tracks.

"By the designers of Qvadriga"

This just became an insta-buy for me.

This kickstarter backed game is out in 2 weeks, looks good from what I’ve seen.

Well, the developer seems to be working on Dwelvers again – after a one-year absence. It’s a Dungeon Keeper thingy. Really hoping the game gets finished.

I grabbed Streets of Rogue, as it is being sold (still for a couple of hours) for 5$ on chrono.gg, and while I had bounced off of it during the alpha, I enjoyed it quite a bit this time. Maybe the interface is clearer? In any case, it is some stupid fun: it reminds me of what I felt playing Payback, an Amiga GTA wannabe of old.

Does it have online co-op and if so, do you have a fast internet connection?

It does, and I have the largest pipe you can dream of. It’s huge and beautiful.

So the next question is when do I get to experience your pipe in it’s full glory?

This is getting weird.

I did! It’s a bit thin. There’s only so much you can do with a guy sitting at a fixed gun emplacement firing straight down a highway. I admire their energy, but they’ve literally boxed themselves into a narrow corridor.

-Tom

Just getting into this finally. Really funny dialogue and quick gameplay. A lot like the old browser game, but no F2P energy mechanics this time. Play as much as you want!

There’s a new stealth-focused sandbox RPG out today made by ex-Witcher 3 developers, including the lead quest designer, that sounds pretty cool. The score’s by Marcin Przybylowicz and Gavin Dunne, so I have to check that out at the very least! Some of the game’s mechanical conveniences, like the ability to essentially opt out of unnecessary trial-and-error timers, suggest the team are really working hard to ensure the stealth-focused gameplay avoids frustrating players.

That seems pretty cool and looks “Shadow Tacticsish”.

This looks visually… illuminating.

Flood of Light

I wonder how deep this is? Anyone try it yet? 2 positive reviews so far!

Youtuber gives it a go here:

I finished it not long ago. It was a really fun ride all the way through, pun intended. There are so many great little nuggets of references hidden in there, as well as jokes that play upon themselves.