LittleBigPlanet: coming soon with number suffix

Nope.

-Nicholas

Thankfully, it does at most of them.

Honestly, the hook was my least favorite part of the sequel. It just… doesn’t work well. I get what they were going for, but it really doesn’t feel comfortable or natural, at least outside of the segments where it has bouncers to guide you along the intended paths.

Got to play a bit farther without the boat anchor (5 year old, mentioned previously) and am really loving it. The second set of levels, where the grabinators and createinator are introduced was a blast to play and awesome to gawk at. A lot of the new additions to the engine really punch up the visuals – transparent materials, animated surface materials, the added cut scene actors/cameras.

I haven’t played the retail game but the beta had some amazing user community levels. The variety that can be made is astounding. Community levels can completely change around how the game is played from the jumping physics to cinematics to music to controlling non-sackboy objects.

Finally, having the ability to queue up community levels from your browser will really bring the best levels to the forefront.

Whoa, didn’t know you could browse/queue up levels from your browser. Got a URL? That’ll help a lot as I’m not wild about browsing content in-game.

Also, I only had a small amount of time to play the first 3 levels last night but I’m liking it a lot better than LBP1. I liked LBP1 but it never really ‘grabbed’ me especially in single player. This campaign seems a lot more cohesive and fun so far.

http://lbp.me

Having spent some time on the website, I’m very impressed. The ability to browse all of this content to queue up for later is outstanding. I suspect this will greatly increase my enjoyment of this game.

I’ve been going through all the tutorials for create mode, and I’m impressed. MM has done a great job expanding on the good areas of the first game’s editor and minimizing some of it’s more glaring weak spots (the ability to edit things behind other materials is a godsend). I can’t wait to start really seeing what the, uh, controllanator can do. Making vehicles has always been one of my favorite things to do in LBP, and this is going to make it far better.

Also the music sequencer is a ton of fun. I spent quite awhile last night making my very own crappy song.

Giant Bomb just did a live Quicklook and this game looks epic. One of the user levels they tried was a twin stick shooter that look freaking incredible.

just did? I only see the QL of the beta.

They were doing it live. The video will probably be posted later today once they have it edited and encoded.

If you are a release week buyer don’t forget to download your free space suit in the PlayStation store, the free suit is only available till Wednesday 26th I think ( I read 1 week ).

So, as much as I’m loving the game, I gotta ask, is anyone else noticing the excessive amount of blurring when the screen moves?

I’ve seen the issue in other games, and I know it’s at least partially connected to 60hz TVs, but for some reason in LBP2 the blurring seems particularly severe. I’m almost constantly aware of it, and it’s gives my eyes some strain.

Sucks too, because other than that, I’m quite in love with the game. So is anyone else noticing the problem? Any potential ideas for a fix?

No blurring here on my Samsung (120 hz, although I doubt that is your issue.). Are you using HDMI?

How’s the loading on custom levels? I seem to remember that being a weak point in any beta stuff I saw.

I’m definitely going to pick this up, but it’s hard to say when. I know I’m not going to bother with any of the “official” single player and there can’t be that many really excellent custom LBP2 levels out yet, but I haven’t played the first in a while so there’s probably quite a few new things to explore anyway. Hm.

Have you turned off any and all shitfuckery your TV might be doing to the image (eg. “Smooth Motion”, etc)? There are many HDTVs out there that try to do things like smooth out panning motions and the results are almost always very bad on movies and are universally horrendous when applied to videogames.

Ran into another awesome thing: Nightwish music for a boss battle. (Ok, so that’s probably not a big deal to all of you. I was just impressed they had some licensed music.)

Thanks for the tips guys. I am using HDMI, so that shouldn’t be a problem. As for the other stuff, I’m about to go mess around with my TV, and I’ll report back if and when I find the cause of the issue.

Played through the third set of levels last night with the sackbots. There’s one in there in particular that will be ‘the bunker’ level of frustration when trying to ace, I think. Lots of use of explosives in dangerous ways.

I like the addition of the incremental levels of prize payout at the end of some levels. I know the baubles you get only matter if you’re going to make stuff in create mode - but it serves the OCD collector of incremental rewards bit that works so well (for me) as incentive to try harder and/or again.