Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

If I had to choose one (and I have previously) it’d be YouTube as well, for a variety of reasons. Not as big a fan of Twitch.

There are? Something I can do or Tom would have to do?

It’s something the streamer has to implement.

If someone can point me to a guide for how to do it, I’d be happy to set it up. You guys’ participation is part of the stream content as far as I’m concerned and I’d love to include it in the videos. That’s one of the thing I like about streaming from the PS4.

-Tom

I kinda wish Tom used Twitch since the app on iPad is more versatile than the YouTube app (unless you have Red).

Here, Twitch is as capricious a platform as anything can get: it loads or won’t load a stream whenever it sees fit, more often than not merely showing a black screen; it will also spam messages and popups (for my knowledge, of course) at the most inappropriate time. Youtube sincerely feels like a philanthropic work compared to what has been my experience over the last year with the other thing.

I’ll help you set up restream so you can broadcast to both

I’ll have to watch what I type about Sarah Palin if Tom starts saving the text chat.

You should take @Jason_McMaster up on this @tomchick. When his stream goes live, both the Youtube and Twitch notifications hit my computer/devices. Twitch seems to have less chat lag, and generally, a more developed feature set.

Restream.io is great. Not only do they have the ability to stream to multiple services if you so desire, but they have a chat program that has code you can insert to OBS to create an overlay.

As a viewer, I find Twitch infinitely better than Youtube. YT basically makes it impossible to discover or browse streams and Twitch works in all features on all platform forms that I view it with the lone exception of previous stream playback on the PS4. I will only bother with YouTube as a live platform when Tom is streaming (and even then I find it frustrating as chat only works via certain portals). For live stuff, I am all about Twitch for consumption. And at this point, my streaming consumption dwarfs TV or movie consumption.

Yeah, I think Brian and I talked about this once. It has a chat program that you can have log into multiple channels so you can see all the chat in one place. It’s what I was using for Kerbal and had 4 channels going at once (my two and the two for Unwinnable) with all their chats displayed.

“TV”? “Movies”?

Yeah, for some reason I still have a holdout for scripted entertainment over interactive gorging of game related media. :)

Happy Friday everyone. With Tom having streamed Renowned Explorers: The Emperor’s Challenge DLC (video link here) on Wednesday, Request Wednesday got shifted to Friday. Tonight’s Request Friday winner is Endless Space 2 - Steam link. The stream starts at 6:00 pm Pacific, 9:00 pm Eastern.

You can find the non-night mode stream here.

You can find the night mode stream here.

Another week to the RE expansion, this is so cruel, but such a cool stream.

After streaming it, that’s how I feel about Endless Space 2! It looks really cool, but it’s not out for another 12 days. :(

I guess I’ll just have to play the Renowned Explorers DLC to console myself.

-Tom

It’s Monday and tonight Tom is streaming Prey. Why not stop to watch the stream and submit your vote for Request Wednesday?

The stream is live and you can find the non-night mode stream here.

You can find the night mode stream here.

Just a heads-up that the Starsector stream on Wednesday night, 5/10, is officially a go, thanks to the prompt assistance of its developer!

-Tom

Anybody who missed the Endless Space 2 stream the other night missed an epic battle to end the stream. I was literally on the edge of my seat wondering whether or not I would see a battle.