Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

I hate this guy so hard!

-Tom

It’s Monday and tonight Tom is streaming Far Cry 5 - Steam link.

You can find the Twitch stream here.

You can find the non-night mode YouTube stream here.

And you can find the YouTube night mode stream here.

The draw for Request Wednesday will be held tonight at 7:00 pm Pacific so why not stop by before that and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday.

Everything you need to know about tonight’s livestream of Far Cry 5:

(The video is cued up to begin at a certain spot. Just press play!)

-Tom

Little did I expect the Far Cry series to turn into the Hunger Games.

Tonight we’ll find out if me voting for Covert Action was a great idea or a terrible one. I think it should be possible to jump in without reading the manual and figure it out as you go along. The exception to that is the bizarre keyboard mapping in the combat/break-in minigame. If you can get over that hump, I think the game holds up well.

I’ve been voting for it because I want everyone to see how the investigation into procedurally-generated terrorist plots works. Sid Meier’s other games from that era spawned whole genres, and I wish this one had too.

Happy Request Wednesday! As @Miguk mentioned above, Tonight Tom is streaming Sid Meier’s Covert Action - Steam link.

Sid Meier’s Covert Action was a Request Wednesday winner. If you have a game that is on Steam or that Tom owns on the PS4 that you would like him to stream, you can leave a vote in the comments section of one of the videos he’s posted on YouTube or stop by the Monday or Friday stream and submit your vote in the chat.

Doh, sorry I didn’t see that before the stream. I really enjoyed poking around with that, and it’s cool to see it as the foundation for what Sid Meier would eventually do with Pirates. I hope you didn’t find my fumbling too frustrating.

-Tom

Not at all. That was a great stream. I’m just glad you didn’t immediately quit in disgust at the idea of pressing F1 to open a door.

The original Pirates! actually came out in 1987. He made Covert Action just after Railroad Tycoon and before Civilization.

I think, sadly, Tom is referring to Dance! Dance! Pirates!, that silly game that came much later.

Captain Tom beats a hasty retreat.

Dude. Please. I have never beat a hasty retreat when it comes to Pirate Dancing. If anything, I beat a hasty advance. The Pirate Dancing was the best part of that game. I am not even joking.

In fact, ima go reinstall to dance right now.

-Tom, Pirate Dancer Extraordinaire

Pretty much this. Covert Action is so ripe for a redux. I like where Invisible Inc was heading but I just love the meta layer of Covert Action so much and wish Invisible Inc had come a little closer to that. Shadow Watch too.

Tom Mc

Happy Friday! Tonight Tom is streaming Tempest Citadel - Steam link.

Voting for Request Wednesday is now open so if you’d like Tom to stream a game that’s on Steam or that he owns on PS4, why not stop by and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday.

It’s Monday and tonight Tom is streaming For the King - Steam link.

The draw for Request Wednesday will be held tonight at 7:00 pm Pacific so why not stop by before that and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday.

Happy Request Wednesday! Tonight Tom is streaming Through the Ages - Steam link.

Through the Ages was a Request Wednesday winner. If you have a game that is on Steam or that Tom owns on the PS4 that you would like him to stream, you can leave a vote in the comments section of one of the videos he’s posted on YouTube or stop by the Monday or Friday stream and submit your vote in the chat.

Gah, I blame @SpaceRumsfeld for making me forget I was supposed to livestream at 6pm. Sorry, Guild Wars 2. And my apologies if you’re staring at a non-active video. :( I’ll be back Monday!

yep

Yeah, @Brooski should totally be ashamed. I agree!

-Tom

I’m cool with it as long as we get a boardgame video ;)

I thought Tom was hinting at just that in a recent Patreon update. If not videos, then maybe an article about some board gaming fun between them.

Done! And posted.