Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

Yeah, I couldn’t find it.

Possibly the chat purge did something?

You know what, Tom brought up one of the tickets on the screen, so it’s good that the stream isn’t there. That would have had info people shouldn’t see on it. Makes sense. My bad, I should have thought of that.

what happened?

I didn’t know that (I don’t view on Twitch). Well you know my level of Paranoia on such things. Good stuff.

For the drawing for Request Wednesday, Tom couldn’t get the screen to enlarge to see the actual random number drawing. So he used the RNG site to send a ticket that everyone could look at. The ticket had is IP address on it. He sent links but I believe he also had a ticket show up on the screen.

oh, I got one of those. wondered what the hell was going on

Yeah, I pretty much pestered him with @marquac to purge the links from the chat. Good catch on the screen, @marquac

So it shows Tom’s IP address? Can someone actually use just that to hack a PC?

if Tom has a shitty router, maybe. It depends. They could certainly ping flood him, etc.

I’m just assuming. I don’t know for sure if that’s the reason. Maybe YouTube and Twitch took issue with Tom driving in the bike lane?

Well, YouTube is no surprise. They are shit and the way their software works is total shit. Twitch, however, has never lost one of my broadcasts. And they are always available immediately. It is not on there, though. That’s what I don’t get.

Or just being really bad at the game ;)

For some strange reason, none of Tom’s streams have ever been saved on Twitch. They are purged weekly.
It’s still the most convenient to catch a replay of the latest, as Tom forgets to post them on Youtube until later with a pretty nice consistency.

Even when Tom forgets to post the video, you should still be able to watch a YouTube replay if you click on the appropriate non-night mode YouTube stream. That links right to the video even if it hasn’t been published yet.

You have to either be a partner, a twitch prime user or a twitch turbo user. I’m a Prime user so mine stay for 60

edit: Tom and I are affiliates, not partners. Partners are more like DrDisrespect, etc. You know, people with followers and stuff.

And, yeah, you guys freaked me out about my IP address showing. I wouldn’t have normally cared, but then the next morning my computer had some weird circular BSOD with a CRITICAL_APPLICATION_DIED message each time I rebooted. Gah, I’ve been haxx0red! Probably not, of course, but I pulled the videos just in case.

But don’t worry. I’ll do a make-up stream. I have, uh, thoughts about Crew 2 and need to get to Icon status. First, however, some Railway Empire, a game I intend to be very good at.

-Tom

Woah. I never knew this. This is what I get for always preferring the Night mode links.

If you aren’t in the DMZ on your router and you aren’t opening everything attachment you get in your spam folder, I’m sure you’ll be fine.

even if you are in the DMZ, you should be fine.

One day, when I’m not so lazy, and when I have caught up on the Movie Podcast, I’ll post something with links to all the streams that Tom has done on the forum so it’s a bit easier for folks to find.