Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

This stream from last week appears to not be available. It was mentioned in some chat comments today, and maybe people don’t know Tom streamed it already.

Probably because it showed that this didn’t look like a very interesting game.
You can still catch it on twitch (temporarily, only the last 6 videos of Tom are preserved there, so it will be gone in a week or so) there: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/294114559

Tom got me on today’s stream: he labelled it Gladius, and it was opening Chris’ link that I was remembered it was that Warhammer game. What a terrible title!

No. Tom posted that the stream was unauthorized.

Twitch has a notice saying they muted portions of the audio due to copyright issues - I wonder if Tom got himself in trouble with his choice of intro music or other soundtracking.

Also, really looking forward to the Everspace stream tonight. That’s one I own but haven’t played in any serious way - I’m hoping for some motivation and/or Tomsplaining.

I don’t understand the copyright thing. I’m very protective of artists and making sure they get paid for their work, but why does playing a game on a stream that uses copyrighted music pose a problem? I would understand it if they were using a game as a glorified jukebox. The music is so much part a part of the game to me, I find it really annoying when it has to be turned off.

Tom likes to use songs, sometimes in stream, more often before he opens his mike.
Fair use died a long time ago, and there is only greed. Tom’s greedy scheme is particularly blattant. It was long due some of his videos were silenced or taken down!

Very nice, @Left_Empty.

Yes, he’s stealing all those sweet, sweet Canadian bluegrass residuals. That bastard.

So even the music from the game soundtrack is often the reason for a copyright strike, correct? Only when it’s licensed music or even for OST music?

If it’s original, there are no issues usually.
In Tom’s case, he hardly ever plays a given game’s soundtrack, so that isn’t his sort of concern.

Happy Request Wednesday! Tonight Tom is streaming Everspace - Steam link

You can find the Twitch stream here.

You can find the non-night mode YouTube stream here.

And you can find the YouTube night mode stream here.

Everspace was a Request Wednesday winner. If you have a game that is on Steam or that Tom owns on the PS4 that you would like him to stream, you can leave a vote in the comments section of one of the videos he’s posted on YouTube or stop by the Monday or Friday stream and submit your vote in the chat.

Happy Friday! Tonight Tom is streaming Mad Max - Steam link

You can find the Twitch stream here.

You can find the non-night mode YouTube stream here.

And you can find the YouTube night mode stream here.

Voting for Request Wednesday is now open so if you’d like Tom to stream a game that’s on Steam or that he owns on PS4, why not stop by and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday.

I got the message:

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

When I just tried to watch the stream.

What is WMG?

Tom has to stop playing driving music. :)

Wow, that was fast.

Warner Music Group

I’m guessing that Tom by having previous videos blocked has now attracted the Eye Of Copyright Sauron.

I wonder if this is a “you get so many warnings then we boot you” thing. I like the extra soundtrack, but would obviously hate to see his account get suspended over it!

An obvious and even better way around this is to use midi version of songs!

:D

Interesting how Twitch mutes portions of the audio but you can still watch the video, while YouTube blocks the whole video. I wonder how Microsoft (Mixer) handles this sort of thing.