Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

Oh, so I didn’t miss it, there just wasn’t one. Huh. Hope Tom is pleasantly, rather than unpleasantly, distracted.

Uh, oops. The Monday stream has been moved to Tuesday due to me being dum.

-Tom

tenor

Did the long weekend (for some, not me) throw you off?

Frankly, I have no idea what happened. I slept for, like, 13 hours. I feel fine, but when your body conks you out for that long, it’s probably got its reasons. Anyway, I’ll stream tomorrow at 6pm, and I might also jump online shortly just for the heck of it.

-T

It’s Tuesday and tonight Tom is streaming Battlezone Gold Edition - Steam link

You can find the Twitch stream here.

You can find the non-night mode YouTube stream here.

And you can find the YouTube night mode stream here.

The draw for Request Wednesday will be held tonight at 7:00 pm Pacific so why not stop by before that and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday.

Happy Request Wednesday! Tonight Tom is streaming Flamberge ||| Simultaneous Tactics - Steam link

Flamberge ||| Simultaneous Tactics was a Request Wednesday winner. If you have a game that is on Steam or that Tom owns on the PS4 that you would like him to stream, you can leave a vote in the comments section of one of the videos he’s posted on YouTube or stop by the Monday or Friday stream and submit your vote in the chat.

Where is @marquac ! I was not prepared!

Happy Friday to one and all! Tonight our very own Tom Chick is streaming Killer 7 - Steam Link.

header

Voting for Request Wednesday might be open so if you’d like Tom to stream a game that’s on Steam or that he owns on PS4, why not stop by and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday.

Thank you, @lordkosc

Darn, I missed Battlezone. That one is cool. I am enjoying it on Switch and sort of want to try it in PSVR.

That (Killer7) was, by a comfortable margin, the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen Tom stream - and it wasn’t even request Wednesday.

I’d rank it in my top 5 least enjoyed Tom streams. :)

For me it was therapeutic. Playing a rented copy of Killer 7 back in the day was really frustrating. So watching Tom do it instead of me felt really good, it took away the frustration. Plus he’s much better at it than I was with that awful PS2 controller back in the day.

Using a mouse almost feels like cheating. It’s trivially easy to hit the weak points. With the controller, you had to struggle to line up shots, especially if you hadn’t put points into drift.

Now that I’ve figured out how to play – I might have never found that character level-up channels if Hazy Silhouette hadn’t looked it up for me – I suspect there will be more streaming of this. It was so cool to recognize Harman as soon as he showed up. I kept wondering what Iwazaru meant every time he said “in the name of Harman…”, but the moment that old man rolled up in the wheelchair, that part of my memory instantly sprang to life. I suspect there are more moments like that waiting later in the game.

I’m looking forward to Travis’ World Ending Supernova T-shirt. Bad Girl reminded me of Nasty Woman.

-Tom

Speakign of old, weird games that are awesome, my first Supernova in LP2 was one of my favorite moments in gaming. Here’s a quick tutorial video that demonstates it well (along with the other support attacks).

It’s Monday and tonight Tom is streaming Infectonator 3: Apocalypse - Steam Link

header
All because The Walking Dead is good again!

If any of the links do not work, I blame @marquac

The voting is open for Request Wednesday (11/28/18) so why not stop by before that and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday.

** Tom will not be streaming again until NEXT MONDAY (11/26/18)

It’s Monday and tonight Tom is streaming No Man’s Sky - Steam Link

Which just received a new patch called VISIONS.

If any of the links do not work, I blame @marquac who is still on vacation!

The voting is open for Request Wednesday (11/28/18) so why not stop by before 10pm eastern and vote for what game Tom will stream on Wednesday. I will be your vote recorder for tonight.

wow. That is amazing.

I really like strategy game duels between Tom and McMaster. There was a lot of delicious Age of Empire 3 action for a while, and later I asked them to try Rise of Nations and they (probably independently of my request) tried it. That game has aged my better, I think, and it got a much better support recently, so I was glad to see it. But then it disappeared for a while and they were back this month.

Very much hope it wasn’t just one thing off. Usually RTS videos you see concentrate on basic tutorial things or go right into a cybersport superhuman territory and you rarely see anything in between. Plus AoE3/Rise of Nations is not trying to be cybersport, it has a lot of interesting stuff in it and it doesn’t try to limit players in order to be balanced. Even if it’s far from the best RTS out there I like to watch those videos.

I understand that RoN might not work too well as McMaster is not as experienced in it but maybe you can try some RTS you both have only basic knowledge of? So that we can see your tactics evolve. Maybe Age of Mythology, maybe AoE2, maybe something completely different. In any case I hope it wasn’t just a lone one time thing.

Yeah, I enjoyed RTSing with McMaster a lot more than I thought I would. And I agree that it would be cool for us to work our way through learning or re-learning some of the classics. Rise of Legends would be my pick. Maybe a Relic game like Dawn of War or Company of Heroes. Or leveling up heroes in Warlords: Battlecry II or III. I know McMaster would dig the RPG leveling up stuff as much as me.

That’s a lovely and polite way to point out that neither of us is very good. :)

But I get what you’re saying. I don’t imagine there are a lot of Let’s Plays of people feeling their way back into an RTS, especially if they’re mere mortals like McMaster and me.

-Tom