Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

Why isn’t Tom streaming At The Gates?

It’s not out until Wed?

As it turns out the vote for request Wednesday was “At the gates” and so… assuming it is out and on steam and ready to play? I figure he will stream it. Though I can’t speak for Tom.

Just a reminder to everyone to ABJGYH: Always Be Jealously Guarding Your Health.

-Tom

Everything OK?

Oh, all is well! I posted that because it’s my advice from the last stream to anyone playing a rogue-like for how to git gud. The handy easy-to-remember mnemonic is ABJGYH. In other words, worry less about dealing damage and more about avoiding damage.

-Tom

I hope it launches so that Tom can stream it. Troy at Explorminate says that AtG has the best tooltips of any game he has seen, so that should go over well. And if those tooltips provide lots of useful info, doubleplusgood!

Wasn’t it Always Be Just Guarding Your Health?

Do we need some sort of council to determine which version is apochryphal?

It was originally more emphatic with the “Jealously” guarding. At a certain point during the stream, it was watered down to “Just” guarding, but that fails to make the case as well. So it’s back to “Jealously” guarding. ABJGYH. Easy to remember, even easier to do. Now we can all have success in our rogue-likes!

-Tom

Don’t be a J-ASS. Not that one, the other one.

JASS: Better Than Rimworld!

-Tom

popcorn_seinfeld

…jasshole

hughjass

(I almost wished I had voted for Pillars turn-based now…)

We can all vote for it for next week, because that I’ve got to see.

Is there a stream tonight and will it be At the Gates?

Yes and yes.

Hard to push At the Gates out so soon after it’s release… I guess I did win the vote but I wonder if Tom is very excited about it. Plus really it probably needs more time in the oven. BUT it will be fun to see.

Happy Request Wednesday! Tonight Tom is streaming At the Gates - Steam link

You can find the Twitch stream here.

You can find the non-night mode YouTube stream here.

And you can find the YouTube night mode stream here.

At the Gates was a Request Wednesday winner. If you have a game that is on Steam or that Tom owns on the PS4 that you would like him to stream, you can leave a vote in the comments section of one of the videos he’s posted on YouTube or stop by the Monday or Friday stream and submit your vote in the chat.