Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

Kingdoms New Lands won the Request Wednesday drawing! If anyone knows how that game works, please come advise me at 6pm Pacific. I remember a lot of abject failure when I played it previously.

-Tom

New lands isn’t as brutal as the original (at least in the beginning). The evil creatures only come from one side at the start to give the player a little more breathing room.

Hey Tom, just watched the first episode you did of Until Dawn, do you plan to get back to that one? That seems like a great game for spectating and, since I don’t own a PS4, likely will never get to play it myself.

I was streaming the next part to post it on YouTube and the stream crapped out. Thanks, Sony. So I’ve played a fair bit without having a recording, I’m afraid. But I will be posting a review as soon as I play the last couple chapters. Which doesn’t help in terms of spectating, I’m afraid.

-Tom

@tomchick, I hope you don’t mind me posting this, but this is just a reminder that Tom won’t be streaming this week (Aug 22 - 26).

If you still want your Tom Chick talking about games fix, he posted a three part board game play through of the 3rd Edition of Dawn of the Zeds on his YouTube channel.

I’ll provide links to the parts when I get home from work.

It’s on the front page:

Undeadstrimm?

Anyway MrC why’re you not strimmin on Twitch?

Also, if you do another request strrimm I vote Dark Omen, the old Warhammer RTS

Is Qt3 streaming back for a new season tonight?

I will be livestreaming The Final Station at 6pm Pacific. No, not the movie where Christopher Lee plays Tolstoy or whatever. The Snowpiercer meets zombies but with cute graphics videogame that’s out tomorrow.

-Tom

So… that could be the ultimate ‘on-rails’ game! :)

Despite having an almost 200% chance of winning, Rimworld did not win the Request Wednesday draw. The winner is Qvadriga.

There will be no stream on Tuesday.

Just to elaborate on what marquac posted, I’m only going to be streaming on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for the time being. As much as I’ve enjoyed doing it, and as much as I enjoy the incentive to poke around at new games every week, the regular schedule has been eating into other things I should be doing. I.e. writing stuff! So scheduled streams on Mondays and Fridays at 6pm Pacific, and whatever wins Request Wednesday on Wednesdays at 6pm.

BTW, I’m really looking forward to jumping back into Qvadriga. What a really cool little game!

-Tom

If I can make a suggestion for streaming and frustration reduction, playing as the Venetan faction at the beginning is a good way to learn the game mechanics of Qvadriga. The Venetans get good starting stats on maximum chariot speed, acceleration, and Auriga (driver) skill.

You should then choose to start in Syria, in the Ceasaria track. It’s a track with wide sweeping turns that play to the strengths of the Venetan faction. You whip your horses straight through the turns there if you stick to the outside 3 lanes. It’s like auto racing at Daytona with the restrictor plates.

That’s important, because you can maybe get clear of the field a bit and not get pounded to death in the crowd of chariots. You can build a nice little nest egg there before heading to other tracks and buying new horses and chariots.

The huge question is: will Tom play turn-based or real-time!

Tom, are you streaming tonight? I can see something on YouTube

I am! Tonight I’m streaming Aven Colony at 6pm Pacific. Here’s a thread about the game.

-Tom

Nice! I hope it’s like Planetbase, but less hard.

Update: It looked harder and not as cool. And it crashed, causing the stream to die a couple of times.

Speaking of which, I must have missed the drawing for Request Wednesday. What won?

Rimworld won. I’ll be streaming it tomorrow at 6pm Pacific. I expect starvation, grievous injuries, and maybe even madness.

-Tom

Sounds like you attract a rough streaming viewership.