Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

You don’t have time for streams. Why would you care?

Hybrid Wars is like a budget version of Renegade Ops, which I ended up playing for most of the stream instead. I furthermore announced that the livestream will consist entirely of Renegade Ops henceforth, because Renegade Ops is just that awesome.

And as triggercut alluded, the idea of Request Wednesday is that it’s for folks who participate in the streams, or at least watch them after the fact. Having people just throw the names of games into this thread would be like letting people who live in California vote for a New York senator. :)

As for this coming week, there’s an embarrassment of riches. I’ve been playing the new campaign mode for Infested Planet, the Tempest DLC for Endless Legends, and Shadow Warrior 2, and they are all frickin’ sweet. The Zubmariner DLC comes out for Sunless Sea on Tuesday. There’s also some shooter for the Xbox One that I won’t be playing because then I’d have to get the Xbox One out from under my Tony Hawk Ride skateboard and 32X Sega Genesis add-on. So I’ll be streaming an Infested Planet planetary campaign tomorrow at 6pm Pacific and probably Shadow Warrior 2 on Friday at 6pm Pacific. Wednesday will, of course, be Request Wednesday, so I’ll randomly pick from the votes tomorrow at 7pm Pacific.

-Tom

Yes Tom, we get it thanks.

I think I’ve got a Zune in there as well. Just FYI.

-Tom

Well by all means, let’s hear more about that!

I’ll throw in a tiny voice against a Sunless Sea stream, as to not spoil it, for one, and because I suspect the tough crowd will say bad things about the fonts not being readable in 144p.

(@divedivedive What’s a Zune?)

HEY DONT BE MEAN
IT IS HARD ENOUGH
WATCHING THE STR
EAM ON MY GAMEB
OY W/ V32.BIS KTHX

A wonderful, mythical creature that once roamed the earth in great hordes bestowing gifts upon a blighted populace. Until Microsoft wiped them all out, to the very last device. I own 2 myself!

Assuming it hews closely to the Sunless Sea dynamics, Zubmariner will be heavily dependent on the quality of the prose. I’m really not the guy to be streaming something that involves reading someone’s prose. I’d need to get, say, @JonRowe for that.

-Tom

I’m happy to try my hand at the English accents.

@tomchick

Aww shucks.

I would like also for it to be recorded that the livestream repository has been feeling sad and abandoned for over a month.

Regarding Request Wednesday, are we allowed to vote for mods?

The winner of Request Wednesday was Combat Mission: Black Sea. The stream starts at 6 PM Pacific 9 PM Eastern.

Holy crap, they’re still making Combat Mission games?

I seem to be persona non grata at Battlefront.com. I was trying to get a press copy, but I never heard back from them (which has been their mode of interaction with me since my 2007 review of Combat Mission: Shock Force). So before I pulled the trigger on buying a $55 (!) wargame, I asked the winner of Request Wednesday if he was sure that was what he wanted to see me stream. He gave me an out by saying he’d be just as happy with Sins of a Solar Empire. Given that a) I know how to play it, b) it’s a great game, and c) it saves me $55, I’ll be streaming Sins of a Solar Empire tonight.

In other words, very graphic spaceship pr0n.

-Tom

Sorry Tom, should have confirmed before posting that. My bad.

I wish I had a nickel for every time you apologized for something that in no way merits an apology! Canadians, man.

-Tom

Sins of a Solar Empire?

I was already planning on being there.

But now I’m going to be there… um… even more.

I haven’t even been able access their website, and from a look at their forum, it seems I will never be able to. No wonder I had no idea they kept making those games!