Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

It sounds like another stream that will add to my Wishlist.

Dream Quest is awesome, really tight deck building in a rogue like package with some interesting class and monster variety - I’ve racked up far too much time on the iPad version. I should probably find out if the developer / designer has done anything else, although this game really needs a re-master to persuade other folks to buy it.

Yeah, I think you’re right, bovril. With flashier production values, this would probably find a bigger audience. As for other games by Peter Whalen, there aren’t any on Steam. But since Dream Quest, he has gotten a job working on another deck builder with flashy production values. A little thing called Hearthstone… :)

-Tom

Oh nice, that’s a good move for him, although I’m a little sad we won’t be getting a Dream Quest 2 any time soon.
At least I can watch this stream, pick up some new pro strategies and put some more time in to the game while I’m away from home this week.

Avast ye mateys! Come and watch that scoundrel Tom Chick sail the seas of the Spanish Main when he streams Sid Meier’s Pirates! tonight at 6:00 pm Pacific, 9:00 pm Eastern.

Come for the plunder and stay for the dancing.

The original I hope.

Nope. It’s the remake.

I’m excited. I played and loved the original, but I’ve never tried the remake, and I’ve always wondered if it managed to capture the same sense of adventure and vastness as the original. Like when you found a treasure map, and you were out exploring the ocean, and trying to match the fragments you could see on the treasure map with some parts of the ocean where you were. And you would encounter enemy ships, and try to get them to the side so that your cannons would shoot them down while trying to avoid their fire.

But that was with 3 colours: cyan, magenta and yellow I think. At least the PC version I played. This remake should be a LOT more colorful.

Definitely will be the remake. In fact, the remake was Tom’s game of the year for whatever year it came out…2004 maybe?

Anyway, the remake is spectacular.

I sort of wished it was the upgrade but “not remake” Amiga version you advertised on another thread, although that version must be impossible to track down nowadays.

Soren interviews Sid on the making of Pirates.

Friday night stream! What could it be? A wrestling game? Starcraft 3? The Crew? The possibilities are endless!

I’m hoping for Guilty Gear! Now that’s some bonkers stuff. :)

Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-

And I have NO IDEA what I’m doing…

-Tom

Huzzah! Guessed right!

It’s Monday! The live stream tonight, it could be anything!

Maybe it’s Streetfighter 5 in Marrakech

It was Stellar Monarchs!

I’m looking forward to Wednesday’s Jagged Alliance 2 stream. My history with the game so far is that whenever I would say I like the turn-based combat in Fallout, people on message boards would tell me, it’s not as good as Jagged Alliance 2, so they don’t like it. For years and years this went on. So I guess I’ve always harbored that latent curiosity. I know nothing else about the game. Only that apparently it’s combat is better than Fallout’s combat.

After watching someone else play Stellar Monarchs, I can sum the game up as what it would be like to eat a box of dry plain saltine crackers.

Un-wishlisted it!

It definitely lacks personality. The kind of personality we see in that main menu screen maybe.

Yeah my wallet was safe after watching the stream last night. I’ve got JA and JA2 but never played much of either even though I love turn based squad games. I expect I’ll be searching for the disks after Wednesday’s stream.