Logan's Run remake in the works

Linky

And why not? Everything created prior to 1992 NEEDS a remake or “re-imagining” RIGHT NOW!

There is no renewal!

Quote from Joel Silver:

I love the original material but I think that version is a bit silly.

Has he even read the original material? The 1976 certain has a fair bit of cheese, but that adaptation improves quite a bit on the source material. And many of those changes make it a better “movie” than if they had just followed the book exactly. Plus, I gotta soft spot in my heart for Jenny Agutter.

Speaking of remakes, I can’t wait until they remake 1408.

You cut off the best part of that quote:

“I love the original material but I think that version is a bit silly,” he told reporters in Barcelona where he was promoting his latest film “The Reaping” starring Academy Award-winner Hilary Swank.
That would be the same “The Reaping” presently earning a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Seriously, this guy’s about as qualified to judge cinema as I am to criticize cold fusion experiments.

Is that how Silver bought Whitta’s script?

No comment.

Wasn’t it remade already in the form of “The Island”? and man was that a crappy movie.

Only redeemed by the casting of Scarlett Johansson.

And then unredeemed by not having her nekkid, even though she asked Michael Bay if she could.

That’s a 0% out of 8 Reviews. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the movie is fucking terrible, but let’s be completely honest.

Well, I did say “presently”…

As the great director said in the commentary, she’s “a pain in the ass to work with, but I mean that in the best way!”

She did?
He didn’t want to?

I fucking HATE Michael Bay.

This has been in the works for years. Bryan Singer was attached at one point (and still is, AFAIK). I have no idea why AFP is just picking up on it now.

Just when you thought it wasn’t possible for Bay to suck any more…

Ooh. They could cast Lindsey Lohan in this and you could watch her age visibly on-screen as the film went on without resorting to special effects!

He’s not any more.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Seriously, fuck Hollywood.