LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

I know it’s all a matter of opinion and not a matter of “this game is bad”. I don’t need every game to be super complex, but I think I need to feel like I’m at least figuring something out instead of just doing tasks from a checklist. I don’t think I’m been a fan of simple time management games. But that’s OK. Not every game is for every person. I can’t play point and click adventures anymore even though I used to love them.

Thanks deanco!

I AM FUELED BY YOUR HATRED.

Seriously it’s like my morning coffee.

So I’ve written a pretty extensive newbie guide for this goddamn game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954485217.

Thanks to you guys I bought this, and have been loving it. But now Ive been hit with the endless Restart Timer message which has apparently resulted in a corrupt save game file. Has anyone else here experienced this? I noticed several people on the Steam Forums had this problem, but there doesnt seem to be a solution. As much fun as it is I don’t think I can stomach starting over (Even though I only have 48 towns done) knowing that it may just stop working again. Any ideas are appreciated.

Oh no, I’ve no idea why that happened! Hopefully the dev can help!

This is great, thank you! I couldn’t quite figure out when I would really need storage facilities, but road restrictions makes that make more sense. Also, I hadn’t dug in to see if upgraded industries use inputs faster, slower, or the same, so it’s good to verify that they’re more efficient.

I feel like it was almost just luck that got me over the learning curve of the game to find the fun. I can see this deterring a lot of people, but there is definitely something magic in this messy little game.

Yes, sorry I didn’t chime in earlier, but this is awesome. I’m so glad you’re not only enjoying the game, but felt compelled to write this amazing guide.

gave up on this and requested a steam refund after just too many issues. on one of my PCs the map would only show the earth as a big watery globe with no landmasses. maybe it’s a global warming simulator. on the other i just was running into constant trouble with the interface, it just doesn’t work in a way my brain can deal with. logical? nah mate.

I believe you can even drive a truck to an undiscovered town and it’ll path there through the fog, assuming the roads are intact (As mentioned: drive a truck by dragging it from the truck list onto a town – yes, bad gui, I know!)

No :P

You might need a good, that needs 2 goods, that needs 2 goods, that needs a good. But for each place it’s never anything more than “needs some goods” and it’s all relatively flat, especially if you’ve already set up that part of a chain. Sometimes you’re setting up a whole pyramid of goods, but there’s nothing “complex” about any of it.

👍

(25 people have clicked that link, but it claims you don’t have enough 👍 yet for a star-rating. People need to get clicking!)

Looks like he fixed it! or is fixing it.

I had the weird-earth issue lots when I first started playing.

All of these crazy bugs. I suspect the lone developer has no real Q&A or testing process and is just hacking away at whatever part of the game takes his fancy. It like we’re back playing games in the 90s or something.

Now that you are talking pyramid, I am thinking this game might actually be Star Ruler 2 for Babies.
It all makes sense!

I experience the weird-earth as well, and am early in the game, might be something there. Usually it comes back after a while. I am picturing in my head that, sometimes, the GPS satelite goes pointing the Pacific because of a space windgust.

I know there’s a bug if you click “continue” at the start too fast. And if you click Australia too fast as well.

Basically: The game if full of bugs if you do anything too fast.

Also:

For every 5th trophy you get a 5x multiply to your B, P or L that you get from that town.
For every 10th trophy you get a 10x.
For every 50th trophy you get a 50x.

Did you know that the trophy count multiplier and 64x multiplier multiply together to create some very large numbers?

Where trophy = city you complete. (You can see a count at the top of the screen).

And here I was trying to figure out why I sometimes got a mega-boost out of towns and sometimes a tiny-boost, as it didn’t seem to correlate directly to town size. If only I’d have known this before I would have made it so that e.g. Syndey was on one of the multiplier boundaries.

The gameplay isn’t fun or interesting enough to make up for the bugginess. I refunded it too.

The new beta did fix the bug! I was able to resume my game. Of course now I can’t see the industries screen unless I’m in full screen mode, but that’s an easy one to work around.

Ditto. Between some unresponsiveness, not allowing me to unpause it, and the basicness of the gameplay I refunded it too.

Has anyone found where Cotton Yarn is created? Looking through the industry list I don’t see anything that outputs it. Is the industry list only industries I have found, or is it everything? Probably the former and I haven’t found any Cotton farms yet.

I think it’s the blue thread, and in that case it’s north around Newcastle.

It’s only things you’ve found.

Just keep driving north up the coast (until you hit the quarantined roads) and there’s some up there. There’s a white-cotton and blue-thread place right next to each other, so I put a supply point there and truck it down to the textile factories in Syndey. like @Sareln said, they’re right next to Newcastle.

Newcastle’s a bigger deal than it looks at first, too. Yeah, you’ve already got a steel mill at Kurnell that you’ve probably levelled all the way up. But articulated trucks can’t get to it, and they can get to Newcastle.

I’ve now completed 100% of towns in all of Sydney. There’s still a couple industries to upgrade, but other than that I’m on my way to somewhere else. I think Wollongong (since I’ve already developed trucks and honey down there), which’ll be my entry to Canberra.

And Egypt is out!