LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

YUSSSSS

I’m at 60% on Australia. I own New Zealand, but haven’t tried it out. When I’m done with Australia (or give up on it), does anyone have a recommendation for the next DLC to jump into? I wouldn’t want anything more challenging than the upper/lower east coast of Australia.

I’ve only done Australia and Hawaii. Hawaii is a trip.

@Nightgaunt I recommend playing a territory you are familiar with. I had a lot of fun playing through Florida, where I currently live, and Upstate New York, where I lived in my early 20s. It just had an extra layer of interest and enjoyment by knowing many of the towns.

If you don’t have anything familiar available to you, then I would go with Brazil or South Africa, as they are easier modules.

So if I buy this game, then in the near future I can bring all LOGistICAL 1 stuff into it?

And does the F5 hotkey work properly yet? :)

lol Steam says that Logistical 2 “doesn’t look like other things you’ve played in the past.”

I guess the 1712 hours and counting I’ve logged on Logistical 1 doesn’t move the dial…

So a month ago we had Belgium but now…Washington?

I’m not entirely sure what’s going with the titling here, but hey, new stuff, so yay!

So Belgium and Washington have the new features of Logistical 2. They say some of those features are backwards compatible… does that mean that if I buy one of those that my Australia game (I’m at 78%!) will get updated as well?

Who has tried the new features? Good?

I’ve not dived THAT deep into the new stuff, but the mailbox mechanic in the new games is nifty, just so different, so I’m not really used to it yet.

The plan is to apparently eventually port all of the stuff from the first game to work with the second, not sure how long that’ll take though.

I bought Logistical - USA / Oregon and so far either it’s hugely boring and has mostly involved repairing roads and not having the resources to actually solve many cities or else I’m doing it wrong.

Also, I could swear that when I bought this game I “owned” australia but now it appears that I…don’t?

EDIT: or maybe it’s just the game’s terrible, awful, no-good UI making me think I don’t own it.

Oregon is a standalone, so it doesn’t include the original Australia module.

I’ve been told Oregon is one of the easier scenarios. Did you do the tutorial island and ABC Islands?

Yes to both. (I bought the original Logistical way back when so i bought oregon as an ‘addon’).

It’s not hard it’s just…ponderous?

Example: to upgrade the steel mill (and iron mine) i require wood.
The wood is locked behind a road that requires -=-=-=-= FOUR HUNDRED (400) =-=-=-=- steel, which is pretty far away. At 8 steel per load, with 4 trucks (plus one feeding iron to the steel mill) running at 6x speed, this takes approximately…[calculator…add the 4…carry the 2…] 6.3 trillion years.

That sounds…odd. Were I you, I’d go to their Discord and ask about that. I’ve not done Oregon, but I’ve never run into an issue like that.

At least on the Steam community forums, other people have noticed this too. It’s not nonfunctional. It’s just poor puzzle design (IMO.)

Frankly, it’s kind of amazing that in a game with only one or two developers (as I understand it) and with hundreds and hundreds of tasks to fulfill on each map, that there aren’t more impossible ones to complete. Not that I’m excusing something like that, especially when it impacts a new player so severely…

I don’t remember the wood being locked that severely in the Oregon map. Sacada does a good balancing job of making the inputs enough of a puzzle without being impossible or too laborious. Often there are two ways in to each resource and a sneaky longer route takes less resources.

Oregon also has two wood supplies so keep exploring the map.

Oregon is a fun map that along with Hawaii are the only ones I’ve 100%. Once the input puzzles get completed and the road network fully built I like to move on to a new map. I like the simplified network of Logistical 1 over the busywork mailboxes and extra roads in L2. Sacada has done wonders with the engine since L1 first launched.

I’m working my way through Australia (around 86% done!), but I may have just hit a serious roadblock–pun not intended.

In southern and western Australia, there are very few pre-built industries. So I’ve built quite a few of them as I’m proceeding through those regions. But now I’m out of money! I never thought this would happen: I had an absurd amount of money just a few hours ago! But some industries cost millions, so it added up.

You only get a few thousand for delivering most goods. And I don’t really have a ton of locations I can deliver to! (I guess I could deliver to uncompleted cities, but I feel like that messes up my efficiency score, which I think determines my cash reward for completion later.) And while there are some small cities I can probably complete if I’m very smart about it, they also only give me $20k or less.

To make things worse, my trucks are aging. I can’t afford to buy new ones.

Anyone run into this problem, or have an idea how to make money quickly in LogISTical?

I’ve occasionally run out of money on other maps. Most of my income is from completing cities, not delivering loads of goods. Finishing contracts is probably the second best income source, but completing cities has the biggest payout.
You can also dial back the size of the industries you buy which helps on their price. The lower cost industries have less output but that never seemed to limit them after I leveled them up.

I’ve completed all the contracts on the map, too!

Buying smaller industries would have been smart. I got in the habit of always buying the biggest ones I can, but that’s probably not necessary. They take longer to level up, and really it’s not about total storage, but output speed, which seems good at three stars no matter what the size. Wish I’d thought of it that way. Not sure I have a good avenue for recovery now…