LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

Bug fixes, UI improvements, and a shinier graphic map of the area.

I’m not feeling Logistical 2 at all. Seems a lot busier than the first, but not in a good way. The first town is surrounded by over 100 mailboxes that all need a newspaper delivery. Do we have to do all those manually?

Yoooooooo.

I just grabbed this on a whim because @BrianRubin et al are so enthusiastic about it.

Everything looks…really terrible and embarrassing, like it’s an asset flip off the Unity store.

Is something fucked on my setup?

I don’t mean to be Mr Prima Donna Who Requires Stunning Visuals or anything, but there’s a bar things have to clear and this ain’t doing it.

No that’s…pretty much how it looks.

I don’t know if I have that much love in my heart, friends.

It’s not meant to be a visual game. Little trucks move around on a map, fixing roads and supplying towns at your command. It’s all about solving the puzzles. To that end, it’s also a real slog. This isn’t a quick finish line. Each map can take hours and hours. So, “what’s the draw” I hear you asking? It’s just simply a satisfying time waster that’s awesome to play when you’re also busy with other things, like work, conference calls, other games, etc.
This is not the type of game you want when you just have a few precious hours of game time one evening before bed. That’s best left for the more visually appealing titles.

It’s one of those games that is super addictive once you’re into a level, but when you’re not playing you wonder why you ever would.

It should look a little better than that. Not much, but that’s just the background anyways. Zoom in and get some trucks going. That one hasn’t been updated yet.

Wisconsin, updated to L2 today. Here’s what it looks like now:

Welcome to the club, buddy, because it’s a huge freakin’ disaster.

Wisconsin done, had fun.
41 hours with idling, 800 towns.

Would recommend it if anyone loves road mazes.
Bricks, wires, wood, oil… all used to lock roads.

Many towns are only accessible with dump trucks. There’s also a housing industry that can only be carried around on 20 & 40 tonners. Took me around 10 hours to finally get stuff going, industry upgrades and my first speed up. Only had real trouble with the 5,000 tons to Milwaukee. I’m on the bottom of the leaderboards so it might be too easy for the rest of you.

So…what?

LOGistICAL 2 become free to play on Wednesday.

Well okay…

I might be done with this series. Honestly it’s changed so much I don’t find it fun anymore. I’m so sad about it.

So “free to play” here seems to mean that each new region will be broken into subregions, with a starter subregion being free and each additional one costing $2-3. It’s a little hard to tell how big each subregion is, but on the face of it, to me, this doesn’t seem like a terrible business model for a game like Logistical. It’s not free-to-play in the sense of endless microtransactions, it’s just a set of bite-sized purchases which, when added up, probably result in a bit more revenue for the dev.

But it doesn’t change that Logistical 2 is more confusing, slower, uglier in some ways, and overstuffed with inconsequential content compared to Logistical 1. Kind of a shame.

Exactly. I’m just not feeling it anymore due to the increased stuff.

Aaaaaand now I’m kinda hooked playing Indonesia…

Forgot to come back here and update: The free Indonesia territory (which I finished in a weekend) is very satisfying and plays a lot like a relatively easy Logistical 1 map. So everything we’ve said about Log2 above is still kinda true… but kinda not for Indonesia. Not sure what I think of it all, but I guess I’m glad to have more Logistical I want to play, and I’ll likely spring for the rest of Indonesia when the itch returns.

I did Tuvalu in Logistical 2 & have just started Bali. I’m a little confused (well very) about the road colouring and why sometimes you can drive over a broken road and sometimes you can’t.

I like the way he appears to have attempted to map the many 1-way streets in Bali; I have no idea about accuracy one way or the other but that adds a feel of authenticity.

Dude makes it hard to buy his game; the option to purchase the Indo bundle is in-game and I can’t see it on the store.

I was going to suggest that maybe it’s because the road is actually two one-ways and it’s only broken in one direction, because that has gotten me a few times. But clearly you know about one-ways (love knowing that Bali has a characteristic road system that’s represented here!), so I guess it’s not that.

yes on closer inspection you’re right; you can bypass the problem from one direction but have to fix it at the other end.

Still don’t know about all the different colours; I suppose I should get of my #ss and look it up.

Anybody playing further in with Indonesia? I finished Bali and most of East Java but am stuck moving to Central Java; there seems to be a total quarantine on any goods whatsoever along all the accessways past a certain point and there are no industries bar one on the other side of the quarantine. There aren’t any towns that I can complete with that product alone so I can’t build any more industries behind the quarantine. I’m sure I’ve explored everywhere I can.

Edit: And I found it

I also enjoyed what I played of Texas & Indonesia more than original L2 (Washington).

Texas pre-order is cheaper in the store:

Texas is listed ingame with 1,794 towns, 801 roads, 3,868 businesses.
For comparison Washington is 637 towns, 2,019 roads, 12,604 businesses.

Romania (Vampires) is out now with a free section in L2.

It’s… weird.