LOGistICAL - Sublime Logistical Strategy Puzzling

Do they have the little green light enabled to drop off past storage capacity?

As for western Australia: I’m nowhere near! Maybe I should rush-construct some roads to the west?

No, the green light is off. Do you know how much they can store beyond storage capacity? I’ve seen something like 6.8 tons in a 6 ton capacity, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than an extra ton get stored.

I did have a case today, where my truck was way out west, and I really didn’t want to drop or carry the remainder back, so I fidgeted around with the map and town, and was able to finally get it to accept the remaining load.

I see a lot of map issues, particularly if I play for an extended amount of time (say an hour). Eventually, my cursor will be off by about half the screen. It will work fine in the menus, but on the map, I will need to move my cursor around until I can find it. I’ll take that as a sign I’ve played long enough, and everything is back to normal when I return.

I think it’s “whatever the current truck can dump”. I don’t think trucks will start dumping, even with a green light, if the current amount is over the limit, but a truck will dump it’s entire load if it started dumping when it was under the limit… I think.

Found it! It’s in a place called Boggawilla which is across a state-line-thingy from Goondiwindi. They’re on the east side of Australia, just west of Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Huzzah! I swear I was exploring around Brisbane, so I must have just missed Boggawilla.

How do the Quarantines work? Is it just on certain goods?

Love these town names.

I’ve got about 25 hours of play time now, and I’m nearly at 150 cities completed. Today I finally discovered a fibreglass factory, a diamond mine, AND coffee, tea, water, and sugar cane, which means that I’m going to get 100% of Sydney complete soon: the last big tasks are delivering 200 tons of boats to Quaker Bay and producing coffee for Sydney itself.

I discovered a really annoying UI…let’s just call it a phenomenon. You have to be very careful when moving cargo between storage facilities, because the game sometimes seems to arbitrarily decide that you’ll be picking up from the one you actually want to deliver to. So you do the click-and-drag thing and then watch the direction that the animations on the line are moving in before committing.

I don’t think the double trucks are good for anything except road repair, because they’re too slow, carry too much cargo, and can’t go many places. But they are great for road repair.

My next big problem is going to be solving Bathurst. It wants 99 tons of two different things. That’s going to take a commitment.

Love it.

Protip: complete Bathurst with a giant truck, even if they’re only carry 5t or something, as it’ll get a speed boost. If a town is accessible via large roads I try to complete the town using the biggest thing I can.

As for the storage thing : if you hover over a town and find the line going the other way, move the mouse off and into the town again and it’ll have changed direction. This is the official intended design, or so the developer has said on the forum.

( It’s also the source of a bug, as you can actually ‘pick up’ from place using a material as input or to upgrade.)

Build #312 is out and it fixes the sell/dump load problem after I reported them both. So sorry about that @belouski, dumping load now costs money – you shouldn’t have pointed it out to me :P

It also makes the map much more legible – the roads are different colours and sizes, they all seem to show up properly now, and there’s no longer massive amounts of visual town spam.

Also, the Germany DLC is out, assuming you got bored of/finished Australia.

Or wanna support the developer. ;-)

Gah, now I’ll have to be less lazy. Thanks for helping out the development of the game though.

I spent hours searching for a coffee plantation, upgrading it, and delivering coffee to storage because Sydney Needs Coffee. This afternoon I thought to click on Sydney.

Oh. Sydney needs 462 tons of coffee.

That means that I have to somehow deliver 231 tons of coffee just to slow down the rate at which Sydney consumes the coffee I’m delivering. How the hell do you do that? 12 deliveries in rapid succession from 12 articulated trucks? Hmm. This is going to be…a challenge.

The map fixes in build #312 are great. I love that now I can see where articulated trucks can and can’t go.

I just made a bunch of suggestions in the Steam discussions, but I’ll add another here: making the roads single lines will make the map as a whole quite a bit less busy. Is there really a need for the thick glow effect around the lines? Couldn’t they just be a pixel thicker, and one color?

Thank you for sharing your stories, Robert. It helps when one doesn’t have time to play.

I’m enjoying this thread and if I wasn’t waist deep in the A-Train release, you guys would have convinced me to jump into this. I want to deliver coffee to Sydney!

-Tom

I attempted Sydney last night and completed messed it up. I upgraded Liverpool so it could hold 520 cups of coffee, or whatever the max is, and stocked it up with 500 or so. I used 2 20t and 10 8t trucks to swarm Sydney… (I have a 40t and 80t truck that are too fat to participate and I also had two 1t trucks)

But it failed! The rate of attrition was massive. I never got past 50% and out of the red.

Next time I’ll try with a few more 20t trucks and no 1t ones, and start each truck with a full load as well as Liverpool being full. A lot of my trucks had lost their upgrades as I’d spent ages building roads and upgrading industries all over the east coast. So I’m going to try and complete all the towns in the Sydney area to have speedy trucks.

Ohhh, A-Train Classic? How is it?

How is that A-Train? It looks like the same A-Train that Maxis published in the 90s. $60, 痛い!

With your extensive experience getting people coffee on Three Moves Ahead you should be a natural!

I cracked and bought it last night instead of waiting for the Steam sale… and it won’t load at all on my machine. I’m running into an error in one the external CefSharp libraries.

No one else on the Steam forums has run into this problem and the dev’s advice is to try disabling anything running in the background. (He responded promptly, but it’s not his code so there isn’t much he can do.) Looks like this will either be my first refund or I’ll just sit on it until I can finally replace my 10-year-old Vista box.

Well refund it now, it’ll be cheaper when you can upgrade your machine.